We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: UNID Station 6940 kHz  (Read 3579 times)

Offline zackers

• View Profile
UNID Station 6940 kHz
« on: June 28, 2009, 2341 UTC »
I took a break from ham radio Field Day operations last night just before the thunderstorm hit us and heard a station on 6940 AM. This was at 0214Z on June 28.

The station was playing old Shirley Temple songs - Animal Crackers In My Soup, When I Grow Up, etc. I couldn't get an ID.

Statis crashes were horrific. Had to pull the plug at 0220Z before the lightning took out the rig.
East Central Illinois
TS-850S, 40 meter full-wave loop, various dipoles

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
Re: UNID Station 6940 kHz
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2009, 0108 UTC »
That sounds like the stuff Dead Cat Radio has been running lately,but I've never known them to use AM.

Offline zackers

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2009, 1252 UTC »
I don't think it was Dead Cat Radio.  I did hear "This is Radio <huge static crash>".

Zack
East Central Illinois

Offline textim

• Raleigh, NC
  • Hello? *tap tap* Is this thing on?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2009, 0920 UTC »
My guess is Radio Casablanca.
Raleigh, NC

Offline Richard Blaine

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2009, 2207 UTC »
I took a break from ham radio Field Day operations last night just before the thunderstorm hit us and heard a station on 6940 AM. This was at 0214Z on June 28.

The station was playing old Shirley Temple songs - Animal Crackers In My Soup, When I Grow Up, etc. I couldn't get an ID.

Statis crashes were horrific. Had to pull the plug at 0220Z before the lightning took out the rig.

That was my doing, over at Radio Casablanca.

If you'd like an eQSL, just send the data over to us at radiocasablanca1 (at) gmail.com

Offline zackers

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2009, 0402 UTC »
Thanks. Will do!

Zack
East Central Illinois