We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: The Decline of Shortwave Radio means the Spread of World Conflict  (Read 1719 times)

Offline atrainradio

• Ask your doctor if shortwave is right for you
  • Magic Mushroom Salad
    • View Profile
Very good article to read

by John Galt
July 7, 2013 22:00 ET

As many of my long time listeners of my old shows and readers of these pages realize, I am a huge fan of the hobbies of shortwave radio listening  and DXing, as well as amateur radio operations. I fear however the terminal decline of these hobbies is not due to a lack of interest but a rise in government censorship which now has the means and ability to restrict the flow of information between countries and determine exactly what information shall be received by citizens domestically and by extension, those reviewing that information overseas.

The reason this subject caught my attention was an article from an Indian newspaper that few in the West pay attention to, The Deccan Chronicle:

Click the link here to read the rest! http://johngaltfla.com/wordpress/2013/07/07/the-decline-of-shortwave-radio-means-the-spread-of-world-conflict/
QTH, New Jersey, America's landfill
Tecsun PL-990 W/ Extendable Whip Antenna

Offline radioreddz

• Maryland
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: The Decline of Shortwave Radio means the Spread of World Conflict
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2013, 2124 UTC »
Funny thing I believe the same thing it's gonna take Pirate broadcasters to keep the worlds people united. I love shortwave radio and amateur radio and truly feel if more folks were into either hobby the world would be a better place. over the airwaves with amateur radio I have meet folks from allover the world and one thing I have found we are all the same folks just want to enjoy each others company. what a world of peace we would have with out egotistical governments military industrialist government run and private news agencies with personal agendas. GOD Bless our PIRATES shortwave and amateur radio.
listning to the world on 200' of wire  assisted by a host of Hallicrafters,Icoms,Heath Kits and Radio Shack radios.  Stevo in Maryland

Offline SingleSideburn

• If I'm A Communist What Are You
    • View Profile
Re: The Decline of Shortwave Radio means the Spread of World Conflict
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2013, 0043 UTC »
I agree that personal connections promote peace. To the extent that radio promotes understanding between individuals, radio will promote peace.

By the same token, intermarriage between different cultures, ethnicities, and nations, promotes peace between the respective parties.

You can also use mass media, such as radio, to promote conflict between the same groups.

Pirate radio tends to empower individual expression, which tends toward anarchy, which is good in the right proportion.
north Alabama, but you're not supposed to know, heh
Drake R8B + horizontal loop