We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: 2013 Pirate Radio Annual: Now taking advance orders  (Read 2875 times)

Offline Andrew Yoder

• DX Legend
    • View Profile
    • Hobby Broadcasting Blog
    • Email
2013 Pirate Radio Annual: Now taking advance orders
« on: November 07, 2013, 1931 UTC »
<I posted this on my new blog at http://hobbybroadcasting.blogspot.com/  I'll be posting updates like this and a lot of other minutia there that I wouldn't want to waste people's time with here>
-----------------------------------

The 2013 Pirate Radio Annual is now nearly finished and I'm taking advance orders for copies of the book. I've been finishing assembling and editing the audio tracks for this edition over the past few weeks and I just spent a couple of hours creating the master audio CD tonight. That means that I can match my mistakes in hitting the track indicator with the track listing. This in turn means that I can finally finish the text files and send them to the printer.

From there, the finished books should be ready in 4-6 weeks.

In case you are wondering what the Pirate Radio Annual is, it's a paperback book with an 5.5" x 8.5" trim size. This is the 4th edition. Each are divided into two parts: the first is pirate radio "articles" and the second part of the book is a listing of entries on North American shortwave pirate stations that were reported in the past year (and also European pirates that were reported in a large portion of North America). The book contains images from dozens of stations + contact information, URLs of websites, etc. The "articles" in this year's edition include "Dutch pirate radio, 1931–1967" by Kai Salvesen, "Shortwave Pirate Radio 2012: A Year in Review" by Chris Smolinski, "Internet Resources" (for listening), and "Recording and Archiving Pirate Radio for Future Generations."

This year's edition is 176 pages and contains an audio CD-R with sample tracks of audio from pirates from the past year. 72 different stations are represented on the CD....although the recording is on a CD-R, it is an audio CD that can be played in standard CD players, computers, etc. BTW, after creating hundreds of these CDs, I heard from one reader that the CD wouldn't fit properly in his slot-loading Mac computer. If you want to use it in one of these computers or device with a narrow slot, let me know and I can send your CD without a label.

If you want an advance copy, the price until December 7 is $15 + $3 shipping ($18) to the United States, $15 + $5 shipping ($20) to Canada and Mexico, and $15 + $10 shipping ($25) to the rest of the world.

You can either send a check or money order in US funds to:
Cabinet Communications
PO Box 109
Blue Ridge Summit, PA 17214

or  you can send the $ via PayPal to info /at/ hobbybroadcasting.com

My apologies for the delays in producing this year's edition! It's been a challenge!
Please QSL to: POB 109, BRS, PA 17214
Hobby Broadcasting Blog: http://hobbybroadcasting.blogspot.com/
Drake R8, AOR AR-7030, R-390A, R-388, SX-28A, Philco 44 + some others    Horizontal loops & 1/2-wave inverted V

Offline Echo_One

• Group W Bench
  • Classified
  • Onwards, Ever Striding Onwards
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: 2013 Pirate Radio Annual: Now taking advance orders
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2013, 2021 UTC »
Am I in it?
Echo One - Bringing An English Eccentricity To The Air Waves

reportecho1@gmail.com

Online hsmith77

• Marconi Class DXer
    • MSN Messenger - h.smith77@charter.net
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2013, 2036 UTC »
The check is in the mail.
Harry L. Smith
Springfield,Oh.
JRC 535D Perseus SDR   MFJ 959C Tuner /Pre Amp. JRC 545 
RF  Systems MK2 antenna
Grundig G3 / G4000a / 400
QSL to h.smith77@charter .net

Offline Andrew Yoder

• DX Legend
    • View Profile
    • Hobby Broadcasting Blog
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2013, 2120 UTC »
Echo: It only covers Jan 1 to Dec. 31 of 2012, so you're not in this one, but you'll be in the 2014 edition, which will hopefully be ready a lot sooner than next December.
Please QSL to: POB 109, BRS, PA 17214
Hobby Broadcasting Blog: http://hobbybroadcasting.blogspot.com/
Drake R8, AOR AR-7030, R-390A, R-388, SX-28A, Philco 44 + some others    Horizontal loops & 1/2-wave inverted V

Offline Echo_One

• Group W Bench
  • Classified
  • Onwards, Ever Striding Onwards
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2013, 2217 UTC »
Echo: It only covers Jan 1 to Dec. 31 of 2012, so you're not in this one, but you'll be in the 2014 edition, which will hopefully be ready a lot sooner than next December.

I should be in it for the euro stations!

I did raise an eyebrow at a book that is, seemingly a year out of date
Echo One - Bringing An English Eccentricity To The Air Waves

reportecho1@gmail.com

Offline clobdell

• Global Moderator
  • DXing Phenomena
  • Massachusetts
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2013, 0037 UTC »
Great news Andy, I'll be pre-ordering soon!
Will publicize it on Pirating With Cumbre too!
Receiver: Eton E1, JRC NRD-525, 535 and 545, Icom IC-7300
Aerial: MFJ G5RV dipole
near Lowell Massachusetts - Gateway To The Merrimack Valley.
All loggings are from my QTH with my equipment unless stated otherwise.
QSL to: crlobdell1@gmail.com or
Box 80146, Stoneham, MA 02180
Amateur Radio Station: KC1IUK

Offline fpeconsultant

• DX Legend
  • I miss "Up Against the Wall Radio"...
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2013, 2337 UTC »
andy thx
i'll get the $$ in the mail this weekend
Near Chicago, IL USA.  Drake R8, Ten-Tec RX340, JRC NRD545, Watkins Johnson HF-1000, Wellbrook loop at 28', 43m inverted vee.  Please QSL to fpeconsultant@aol.com thanks.

HFUnderground Mug
HFUnderground Mug
by MitchellTimeDesigns