We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: B13 NEW FREQUENCY SUMMARY - Available for DOWNLOAD NOW  (Read 1371 times)

Offline VK3BVW

• Mount Evelyn, Victoria, Australia
    • View Profile
    • The Mount Evelyn DX Report
B13 NEW FREQUENCY SUMMARY - Available for DOWNLOAD NOW
« on: November 30, 2013, 1155 UTC »
A PDF document of over 220 new frequency observations made over the past month. Feel free to download it from the MEDXR blog.

http://medxr.blogspot.com.au/2013/11/b13-new-frequency-summary-available-for.html

73 Rob VK3BVW
Rob Wagner VK3BVW
www.medxr.blogspot.com
Yaesu FTDX3000, Kenwood TS2000, Yaesu FRG100, horizontal loop,dipoles for 80, 40 & 20m, Par EF-SWL Antenna,
BHI NEIM1031 Digi Noise Eliminating Module,
MFJ-1026 Noise Cancelling Module, MFJ and Tokyo Hi-Power ATU

Offline ssfahrer

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: B13 NEW FREQUENCY SUMMARY - Available for DOWNLOAD NOW
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2013, 2137 UTC »
Just curious: I note no frequencies listed lower than 5865 KHz on this chart. Is there a page (or two) missing from it? After all, there maybe two "missing" frequencies of WWCR (such as 3215 and 4840 KHz) which may be audible even in Australia with their 100 KW transmitters pointed at 46 degrees (3215) and 40 degrees (4840) based on skips from this side of the globe (the USA, i.e, Nashville TN). I assume that reception for the 75 and 60 meter bands as well as the lower part of the 49 meter band actually exists in Australia (or am I wrong, and they just don't look for stations down at those frequencies below 5865)????

Offline VK3BVW

• Mount Evelyn, Victoria, Australia
    • View Profile
    • The Mount Evelyn DX Report
Re: B13 NEW FREQUENCY SUMMARY - Available for DOWNLOAD NOW
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2013, 2308 UTC »
Hi ssfahrer!  The NF list is developed from observed frequency changes here in Melbourne from the start of the B13 transmission period at the end of October. Only changes to frequency or station operation are noted on this list. Re. 3215 - in the time period that we can listen to the 90mb in our evenings from 1000 to around 2000 (it's the start of summer here), I noted no new frequency changes. 3215 does make it here but not regularly, the best time being our winter or when thunderstorm noise is lower. Re. 4840, this is heard regularly in the evenings, but cops a lot of splash from ABC Alice Springs on 4835. Again, no frequency changes were noted here.

Yes, the tropical bands do exist here also.  :)  And as evidence of that, I noted a frequency change only this last weekend for 3965 - Iran from Kamalabad at 1745 (4:45am EDST), as listed in my recent blog post http://medxr.blogspot.com.au/2013/12/the-new-radio-mara-plus-vanuatu-sudan.html. But as you know, the tropical bands don't often see frequency changes that align themselves with the twice yearly transmission schedule changes.

And, as you asked, also as evidence of shortwave activity on the 90-60mb, can I suggest you check out my survey of LA stations observed during our last winter period? While the Latins are much easier for you guys in the States, but they present a real challenge for us Aussies. You'll find it at http://medxr.blogspot.com.au/2013/09/latin-american-survey-2013-available.html

Thanks for your question, and best 73,  Rob VK3BVW
Rob Wagner VK3BVW
www.medxr.blogspot.com
Yaesu FTDX3000, Kenwood TS2000, Yaesu FRG100, horizontal loop,dipoles for 80, 40 & 20m, Par EF-SWL Antenna,
BHI NEIM1031 Digi Noise Eliminating Module,
MFJ-1026 Noise Cancelling Module, MFJ and Tokyo Hi-Power ATU

HFUnderground Mug
HFUnderground Mug
by MitchellTimeDesigns