We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: WNDB-1150 Daytona Beach, FL. DX test tonight  (Read 1947 times)

Offline Kilokat7

• Global Moderator
  • DX Legend
  • West Michigan
    • View Profile
    • Kilokat7 DX
WNDB-1150 Daytona Beach, FL. DX test tonight
« on: December 07, 2013, 0256 UTC »
REMINDER - please forward to appropriate venues...

A DX Test from WNDB-1150 Daytona Beach, FL will be conducted on Saturday Morning December 7, 2013 beginning at 1:00 AM ELT. The programing will consist of voice announcements alternating with Morse code ID’s at  5WPM.  the test will be conducted using the stations 1000 watt non-directional facilities.  This test was arranged by Bobby Gray Director of Engineering following recent antenna system upgrading. Mailed report with return postage can be directed to WNDB TEST, Attn: Bobby Gray, 126 W. International Speedway Blvd., Daytona Beach Fl. 32114 Email reports be accepted at Bobbygray@engineer.com MP 3 files are fine and will be welcomed.  Those hearing the test may call (on your dime) on the Studio line: 386-239-0033. Wayne Heinen NRC With thanks to Wayne Heinen of NRC
PLS QSL kilokat7(at)gmail.com
Perseus SDR / DKAZ loops
1980s pirate off-air archive
West Michigan DX

Offline BDM

• S/E Michigan
    • View Profile
Re: WNDB-1150 Daytona Beach, FL. DX test tonight
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2013, 1829 UTC »
I listened last night but did not record. Did you catch this station?
Radios -- Perseus SDR // SDRPlay RSPdx // Icom IC-7300 // Tecsun PL-660 // Panasonic RF-5000A --Antennas-- Pixel Pro 1B loop - 82' fan-dipole at 40' - tuned MW/BCB 40" loop and 100' receive only dipole
-Brian--North of Detroit--MI-
1710/KHz the MW Pirate Clear Channel (not so much anymore "sigh")

Offline Kilokat7

• Global Moderator
  • DX Legend
  • West Michigan
    • View Profile
    • Kilokat7 DX
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2013, 2006 UTC »
Nothing heard here, and nobody has reported hearing the test, even listeners close to the station, so it seems it never went off as planned for whatever reasons.
PLS QSL kilokat7(at)gmail.com
Perseus SDR / DKAZ loops
1980s pirate off-air archive
West Michigan DX

Offline Jolly Roger

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2013, 2250 UTC »
Is this a clear channel? I had some talking and music on the freq last nite, and even this morning. Since I'm at the far top end of the continent everything is south of me. If they have a clear channel I had them no problem but I suspect this wasn't the case.
Please QSL to MaplRadio@gmail.com

Next weeks contest: guess how many Volkswagons can fit in Joy Behars mouth. I pick five.

If Rosie O'Donnell jumps in the water Rosie doesn't get wet, the water gets ugly.

Icom R9000 (yes, a R9000!)
Pixel magnetic loop

Fansome

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2013, 0106 UTC »
I gave them a try, although a little late, around 1:30am EST. I didn't hear anything, and I would have expected to have heard them via ground wave.

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground Garden Flag
by MitchellTimeDesigns