We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Wolverine Radio, all "A Summer Place" all the time  (Read 2003 times)

Offline Zoidberg

• DX Legend
  • Gopher Stomp, Texas
  • i c u
    • View Profile
    • Email
Wolverine Radio, all "A Summer Place" all the time
« on: September 14, 2009, 0117 UTC »
Wolverine Radio with all "A Summer Place" theme show.

9/14/09
6930 USB
0026-0105 UTC, different versions of 1959 movie hit theme song "A Summer Place", vocal and instrumentals, from orchestral to elevator music to surf and twangy guitar versions, nightclub crooner versions, a little something for every taste.
0105z: SSTV from Wolverine Radio

Thanks, Wolverine, very cool show.

4 MB mp3, sampling of various versions of "A Summer Place": http://www.mediafire.com/?0hfrx2mvkmh

SINPO - 42232, very good peaks thru heavy QRN crashes and local RFI

« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 0439 UTC by Lex »
That li'l ol' DXer from Texas
Unpleasant Frequencies Crew
Al: Palstar R30C & various antennae
Snoopy: Sony ICF-2010
Roger: Magnavox D2935
(Off-air recordings.)

Offline Token

• Global Moderator
  • DX Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Wolverine Radio, all "A Summer Place" all the time
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2009, 1636 UTC »
Howdy all,

And my RX of the same SSTV transmission.  My wife actually got a pretty big kick out of hearing this, I had the BC playing on the stereo while we ate dinner ;)

The signal was very good most of the time, around S8 or S9, it faded just a bit before the SSTV was sent.

T!
Mojave Desert, California USA

Offline DOCTOR

• INDIANA
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2009, 0308 UTC »
GOOD picture for  that band ..

I downloaded msstv program, but have no idea how to integrate it with the remote receivers on the internet..any suggestions..

DOCTOR
DOCTOR/WA7026SWL

INDIANA
RCVR...EATON S350DL, TESCUN PL600
ANTENNA...GRUNDIG INDOOR LOOP MW
WHIP, LONGWIRE...
ALINCO DX 70T/END FED WIRE

***PLEASE QSL***

Offline Seamus

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2009, 0433 UTC »
I downloaded msstv program, but have no idea how to integrate it with the remote receivers on the internet..any suggestions..

In my experience, this will vary depending on your sound card, and more specifically, how it allows you to route the audio coming from it.

The audio built into my current machine's main board offers no provision for looping the output back around to the input, so the only way I have found to get the SSTV program to work with that one is to physically connect the line out to the line in and let it listen to itself.  Doing this ties up the output, so you may need to either use a second output for your speakers, or a Y cable in order to listen to it and feed the SSTV program at the same time.

I have a second sound card though.  That one (an old Creative Sound Blaster Live card) has provision for an internal loopback (called "What U Hear" in the recording selections), which feeds the output back around to the input internally.  Enabling this can lead to some nasty feedback if you have a mic enabled too, but it makes it easy to feed the output of the player that's handling the stream from the Internet receiver into the slow-scan software.

Using a second sound card is a bit tricky sometimes, since you end up having to point programs at the right sound source and output (and a lot of them don't have that option - they just use whichever one you have set to be the default in the system settings), but it makes connections a LOT simpler if you want to use the computer for radio purposes and as a normal machine, too.  No fiddling with wiring or connections - one sound card is just for normal use, and the other one is always hooked to the radios and ready to go.