We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: UVB-76  (Read 3152 times)

Offline Syco

• View Profile
    • Email
UVB-76
« on: February 27, 2014, 1013 UTC »
Does anyone know what was going on with UVB-76 lately? I went on a few nights ago and found that there was a morse code being sent inbetween buzzes. Apparently the Mores code is "HUJ" which in Russian apparently means "Dick" or "Prick". Also I use SDR radio to use a reciever in Poland to hear UVB-76 and it used to pick up Uvb-76 ok but now it gets a very strong signal. Could they have moved the station to somewhere closer to Poland and could the Morse code message have been a test message?

more evidence is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UnnNjzY1ZU

Offline glimmer twin

• DX Legend
  • "I found my way to heaven , I did my time in hell"
    • View Profile
Re: UVB-76
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2014, 1347 UTC »
Its on a different frequency. The CW "HUJ" is on 4628 not the buzzer frequency of 4625. It still might be somebody in Russia screwing with all the people who seem to devote their lives to monitoring this boring station. I would think if it was actually buzzer related it would be on the buzzers frequency.

btw  the buzzer is a number station? I would categorize it as a utility station.  just sayin'
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 1357 UTC by glimmer twin »
KCMO  Icom R 75 , SDR-IQ, Grundig Satellit 750 ,Tecsun PL 880, Tecsun PL660 , Tecsun PL380 & PL360  10 meter random wire  w/ RF systems MLB    Alpha Delta SWL DX sloper  
qsl   keithglimmer810@gmail.com

gentlemen,you can not fight in here, this is the war room

Offline Ary-B

• Netherlands
    • View Profile
    • Numbers & Oddities
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2014, 1347 UTC »
The morse is not related. It's just another station that is on or next to that frequency
73, Ary

Offline SW Observer

• View Profile
    • International Numbers Station Monitoring Association
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2014, 1832 UTC »
Its on a different frequency. The CW "HUJ" is on 4628 not the buzzer frequency of 4625. It still might be somebody in Russia screwing with all the people who seem to devote their lives to monitoring this boring station. I would think if it was actually buzzer related it would be on the buzzers frequency.

btw  the buzzer is a number station? I would categorize it as a utility station.  just sayin'

Well said!
Florida, always listening via my Tecsun PL-660 receiver.

Offline Syco

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2014, 0119 UTC »

Hasn't there been a broadcast on that station before?

Offline Rizla

• Sonoran Desert, AZ
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2014, 0040 UTC »
Interesting log, Syco.
QTH: Sonoran Desert, AZ. Kenwood TS-820S, FT-891, Tecsun 880, neophyte in a forest of antenna wire.