We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Beeping jamming noise on 9955  (Read 1267 times)

Offline atrainradio

• Ask your doctor if shortwave is right for you
  • Magic Mushroom Salad
    • View Profile
Beeping jamming noise on 9955
« on: April 05, 2014, 1146 UTC »
Getting a mix on 9955 of an actual talking station and then some beeping or buzzing in the background. Every now and then the buzzing covers the talking
QTH, New Jersey, America's landfill
Tecsun PL-990 W/ Extendable Whip Antenna

Offline glimmer twin

• DX Legend
  • "I found my way to heaven , I did my time in hell"
    • View Profile
Re: Beeping jamming noise on 9955
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2014, 1513 UTC »
9955 is very often jammed by Cuba because Radio Miami International used to broadcast Cuban exile programs on that frequency. Cuba tends to put a jammer on a frequency & just leave it there....for years sometimes. There are several former Radio Marti frequencies with Cuban pulse jammers that have not been used by Marti for 2 or 3 years. 9955 is now from the former WYFR site in Okeechobee, FL & gets out much better than it used to so the programming from WRMI can usually be heard over the jamming.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 1558 UTC by glimmer twin »
KCMO  Icom R 75 , SDR-IQ, Grundig Satellit 750 ,Tecsun PL 880, Tecsun PL660 , Tecsun PL380 & PL360  10 meter random wire  w/ RF systems MLB    Alpha Delta SWL DX sloper  
qsl   keithglimmer810@gmail.com

gentlemen,you can not fight in here, this is the war room