We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Sunglasses  (Read 3600 times)

Nella F.

Sunglasses
« on: April 09, 2014, 0121 UTC »
Maybe not a topic even for "Huh?" but I'm gonna pose this ? anyway. And up front If anyone takes this personally... [insert favorite expletives here].
Question? Where do you most often see sunglasses being worn when they are not needed? Yes I know eye doctors use dialating chemicals. But lately, along with the fashion statement of wearing ALL Black is sunglasses worn when they're not needed. My vote? Your local public library. Any takers? Opps, almost forgot:  8)

Offline Fried Chickin'

• 42.981404457113206, -70.96033285219448
  • High strangeness in life and on the airwaves...
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Sunglasses
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2014, 1432 UTC »
I always wear mine at night in the grocery store when I go buy beer. 
L.V.X.

EQSL to hfvoodoo@protonmail.com...73~

Loops & Wires & Love of radio waves...

Offline Zane

• Global Moderator
  • DX Legend
  • hearing the negative waves
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2014, 0203 UTC »
When the future's so bright....

Z
Chicagoland
Palstar R30CC / Sherwood SE-3 MK IV / pa0rdt Mini-Whip / Gone Long Engineering remote resonant loop / Fansome approved

QSL to zaneradio@comcast.net

Offline jFarley

• Marconi Class DXer
  • near Chicago
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2014, 0220 UTC »
Joe Farley, Near Chicago
SDR-IQ / R8 / R7
Remote Resonant Loops for HF and LF / ALA 1530
Active 60" Whip / PA0RDT
QSLS appreciated to:    jfarley44@att.net

Offline Jolly Roger

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2014, 0426 UTC »
I couldn't figure out why the skid row pervs were always wearing dark sunglasses and standing at the back of the Salvation Army Church. They looked retarded, even by skid row perv standards. Then I noticed the young woman a few rows in front. They were there to stare at her ass, thinking nobody would notice where they were looking if they wore dark glasses.
Please QSL to MaplRadio@gmail.com

Next weeks contest: guess how many Volkswagons can fit in Joy Behars mouth. I pick five.

If Rosie O'Donnell jumps in the water Rosie doesn't get wet, the water gets ugly.

Icom R9000 (yes, a R9000!)
Pixel magnetic loop

Nella F.

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2014, 0027 UTC »
Maybe not a topic even for "Huh?" but I'm gonna pose this ? anyway. And up front If anyone takes this personally... [insert favorite expletives here].
Question? Where do you most often see sunglasses being worn when they are not needed? Yes I know eye doctors use dialating chemicals. But lately, along with the fashion statement of wearing ALL Black is sunglasses worn when they're not needed. My vote? Your local public library. Any takers? Opps, almost forgot:  8)

Just remembered this: www.firstcoastnews.com/story/news/local/2014/03/11/fugitives-escape-justice/6312153/

I hear it a lot on my police scanner, that  such & such jurisdiction will not "confirm" a euphemism for will not pay to have a person with a felony warrant returned for prosecution, sometimes not that fay away, like in another county.
So the next time you see in your neighborhood a unfamiliar sketchy person with  8) ... .

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2014, 1058 UTC »
It started with a guy named Corey Hart back in the early 80's. I think he was Canadian.

They don't see much sun up there between August and June.The least little bit of UV light can blind them when they emerge. Damn that midnight sun!

Does the same to Alaskans. Why do you think Sarah Palin has to wear Coke bottle glasses? That two years of college in tropical Idaho.

Offline Jolly Roger

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2014, 1328 UTC »
Wait a sec', do Sarah and Corey go to the Salvation Army Church? Hmmm...
Please QSL to MaplRadio@gmail.com

Next weeks contest: guess how many Volkswagons can fit in Joy Behars mouth. I pick five.

If Rosie O'Donnell jumps in the water Rosie doesn't get wet, the water gets ugly.

Icom R9000 (yes, a R9000!)
Pixel magnetic loop

Offline OldSeaRock

• Earth, TX
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2014, 2125 UTC »
Las Vegas.

Hangovers.   8)
eQsl appreciated:  theoldsearock@yahoo.com
Listening on & off since 1968.  Howdy from Tejas!

Nella F.

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2014, 2348 UTC »
Just remembered this: www.firstcoastnews.com/story/news/local/2014/03/11/fugitives-escape-justice/6312153/

I hear it a lot on my police scanner, that  such & such jurisdiction will not "confirm" a euphemism for will not pay to have a person with a felony warrant returned for prosecution, sometimes not that fay away, like in another county.So the next time you see in your neighborhood a unfamiliar sketchy person with  8) ... .

8) Nobody wants to comment on this?  8)

Offline ff

• Upstate NY
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2014, 0104 UTC »
So the next time you see in your neighborhood a unfamiliar sketchy person with  8) ... .

Well Nella, my neighborhood, if you can call it that, is mostly peopled by farmers, weekend warriors, and militia types itching for something to shoot at.  I don't see many of those "sketchy" types here.  On one hand the article is very disturbing.  But on the other hand, I've watched an accelerating slide toward totalitarianism since the Senior Bushie announced there was a New World Order brewing back in the late 80s.  Increasingly more and more citizen actions are becoming illegal while at the same time less and less actions are being punished - UNLESS you've pissed off the wrong people.  This rot started with the Feds but its now trickling down into the States and municipalities.  Depressingly, I see no way this trend is going to change direction...   
Hailing from the upstate boondocks region of the progressive paradise which once was New York State

Offline Antennae

• CA, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2014, 0217 UTC »
I second the perv notion.  My old boss got some new dorky side covers for his sunglasses.  Then when he was instructing a customer how to do something, he was facing one way, but eyes were looking in another.  I think I saw through the crack in the top... 
California Coast
Antenna: random wire

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground T-Shirt
by MitchellTimeDesigns