We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Spanish number station question  (Read 3035 times)

Offline Kage

• US
  • Modulating Madness
    • View Profile
    • The Free Radio Forum
    • Email
Spanish number station question
« on: October 22, 2009, 2028 UTC »
Been hearing this station on 8096khz from time to time. Just curious why it sounds like there is a telephone ringing
constantly in the background. Anyone else notice this?
It sounds exactly like an old telephone ringer and it rings in a weird pattern behind the spanish lady.
Also noted that a few days ago the signal sounded horrible like the transmitter was dying or something.
I'm not saying aliens are in the radio, but aliens definitely are in the radio.
The Free Radio Forum

Offline Token

• Global Moderator
  • DX Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Spanish number station question
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2009, 2038 UTC »
Pedro often has a hard time with the V2a, M8a, and SK01 transmitters, this is why the audio fairly often has some kind of problem.  It is not unusual to hear audio crosstalk form other, presumed, co-located stations such as Radio Habana.

The "phone ringing" has been noted for a while now.  No one I have heard from knows forr sure what is up with it and it has been seen on multiple frequencies.  Not just the Spanish numbers freqs but also several Radio Habana frequencies.

I myself am not sure there is not some kind of data on the "phone ring".  I watched it closely for a while one day and noted different numbers of pulses and even steps inside each ring pulse.  Also, some ring pulses were longer or shorter than the average.

I am not saying the phone ring pulses are intended for the same recipients as the numbers transmissions.  What I am thinking might be happening is that a data line coming to the studio is cross talking into an audio line.  It is just a possibility.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 2040 UTC by Token »
T!
Mojave Desert, California USA

cmradio

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2009, 2122 UTC »
....and it rings in a weird pattern...

Maybe the ring is the message and the lady is a red herring?

Peace!

Offline Kage

• US
  • Modulating Madness
    • View Profile
    • The Free Radio Forum
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2009, 2040 UTC »
Interesting thing I noticed while listening to Radio Habana Cuba on 6000kc the other night there was that same phone ringing sound in the background of the audio. Barely noticeable compared to the Spanish number station but it most definitely was there so this confirms to me that RHC is the source of V2 even though everyone already figured that anyways.
I'm not saying aliens are in the radio, but aliens definitely are in the radio.
The Free Radio Forum

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground T-Shirt
by MitchellTimeDesigns