We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Pacific based Pirate...  (Read 2617 times)

Offline pacificdxer

• View Profile
Pacific based Pirate...
« on: April 23, 2008, 0959 UTC »
Hi Guys

Just wondering that IF  ;D a pirate station from the Pacific activated........

What would be the best bands and times to broadcast.

I'm thinking 11400 kHz might be OK around 2200 UTC and 41 metres would be OK around 0800 UTC

Any thoughts?

All the best from the Pacific  ::)

Offline Sealord

• Global Moderator
  • DX Legend
  • North East Florida
    • View Profile
Re: Pacific based Pirate...
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2008, 1117 UTC »
I don't know if I could make it to the 0800z slot, but definitely the 11400kHz @ 2200z is ideal for an east coaster like me (I'm in Fl.).  Give both a shot; you never know who might hear ya on 41 meters :)
Indoors: WR-G33DDC & TT RX-340_DX Eng. 4-Square Array / Outdoors: Belka-DX_Whip / Poolside: SMC HF-150_MMD-40 (D.O.G.) / Off Air/Studio Recordings

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2008, 2124 UTC »
There was one in Hawaii that was widely heard around 7415 khz. in the overnight hours in the continental US. about a decade and half ago. There used to be a few Aussie and NZ ops who would make it in the same frequency range and time slot.

I don't think any of them ran more than 100 watts on a regular basis.

Offline L Cee

• East Coast - USA
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2008, 0218 UTC »
41 meters has made the trip from East Coast to West Coast very well as early as 0530-0600 utc.
So it should work in reverse  :) - if that time frame would work for you. 
On week-ends you can find nuts errrrrrr I mean East Coast DXer's like me still listening in that 1:30-2am local time range, especially if you announce your intention to broadcast. 0800 utc would not have many East Coasters, but I would think you could interest the Western half DXers.
L Cee
East Coast - USA