We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Radio Kuwait English service 15540 Khz 20:30 UTC July 15,2014  (Read 1970 times)

Offline glimmer twin

• DX Legend
  • "I found my way to heaven , I did my time in hell"
    • View Profile
I've logged this station often but I don't like the crappy American pop music that they play. Today I heard a public service  announcement that they run daily but I never really listened to it before. It was advising  people to check their tire pressure & to know how to change a tire should the need arise. What seemed weird (to me at least) was that it was from "the department of moral guidance"   ??? ???
KCMO  Icom R 75 , SDR-IQ, Grundig Satellit 750 ,Tecsun PL 880, Tecsun PL660 , Tecsun PL380 & PL360  10 meter random wire  w/ RF systems MLB    Alpha Delta SWL DX sloper  
qsl   keithglimmer810@gmail.com

gentlemen,you can not fight in here, this is the war room

Nella F.

Re: Radio Kuwait English service 15540 Khz 20:30 UTC July 15,2014
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2014, 2348 UTC »
I regularly check for this one, including today. Nada. Thanks for the post.

Offline SW Observer

• View Profile
    • International Numbers Station Monitoring Association
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2014, 0406 UTC »
I hear this station daily, comes in loud and clear here on the east coast. While I equally despise the pop music and while I shake my head at their attempt of an english service, it's better than some of those preachers that dominate the airwaves. So I tend to keep this station on as background music while I'm doing work.
Florida, always listening via my Tecsun PL-660 receiver.

Offline glimmer twin

• DX Legend
  • "I found my way to heaven , I did my time in hell"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2014, 2114 UTC »
Me too , I listen while I walk the dog after work. It comes in well on a barefoot portable (PL660 or PL380).
KCMO  Icom R 75 , SDR-IQ, Grundig Satellit 750 ,Tecsun PL 880, Tecsun PL660 , Tecsun PL380 & PL360  10 meter random wire  w/ RF systems MLB    Alpha Delta SWL DX sloper  
qsl   keithglimmer810@gmail.com

gentlemen,you can not fight in here, this is the war room

Offline Chanter

• Madison, WI, U.S.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2014, 0022 UTC »
I have to admit, on days when I can get both the English and Arabic services of Radio Kuwait in here, I pick the Arabic service.  The music's much better even if I don't speak the language. 
Madison, WI, U.S.A. 
Tecsun PL-660, Yaesu FT60R handheld, and Realistic DX-398 (back up and running!) 
QSL's appreciated 

There's a geeklady turning that dial!
SWLer, MWLer, LW and HF beaconeer, technician class ham, DXer of all bands and program listener. 
RNW forever.