We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: PS-125 power supply-to-radio extension cable  (Read 4030 times)

Fansome

PS-125 power supply-to-radio extension cable
« on: January 03, 2015, 0813 UTC »
I have an Icom PS-125 power supply, and I would like to lengthen the cable to the radio with an extension cable. That is, I'd like to get a cable that has the male Molex on one end and a female on the other, so that I can put the power supply at least six feet from the radio. Anyone have, or know of such a thing, or about parts for building one?

Thanks,

Al

Offline Beerus Maximus

• Administrator
  • DX Legend
  • Boston, Massachusetts
  • hold my beer and watch this
    • View Profile
    • Beerus' 30 Below Site
    • Email
Re: PS-125 power supply-to-radio extension cable
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2015, 2349 UTC »
If you can't find a cable pre-made, I'd recommend sourcing the parts from Powerwerx and building it yourself. Should be a 1 beer job.

http://www.powerwerx.com

They could sell you the parts so you could either build an extension cable, or a longer replacement cable that you could wire to the innards to replace the short OEM one. Great website for radio power needs and I've bought plenty of stuff from them with happy results.

They have 6-pin male and female Molex connectors, the correct gauge DC power cable, etc.

« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 2351 UTC by Beerus Maximus »
# Genetically engineered sentient sausage & undisputed inventor of the end-fed dipole. I also invented the schlumpy dipole.
# KiwiSDR, NetSDR, Airspy HF+, Airspy HF+ Discovery, TS-590, IC-7610, FTDX10, ANAN 7000 DLE MKII
# beerusmaximus@gmail.com * North Shore, Massachusetts