We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Deutsche Welle & All India Radio  (Read 1299 times)

Offline SW Observer

• View Profile
    • International Numbers Station Monitoring Association
Deutsche Welle & All India Radio
« on: August 14, 2014, 0331 UTC »
Hello all, managed to pick up these two stations this afternoon on the 31m band from my location in New York.

Deutsche Welle - 9655 kHz - Strong Signal, presumably broadcast from Kigali transmitter to Africa. Talk program about impoverished children in Pakistan. Listened between 5:00 PM and 6:00 PM Eastern time.

All India Radio - 9445 kHz - Prominent Signal, some fading. Announcer talking about the Indian Space Program and the future of it, followed by Indian music. Listened between 5:00 PM and 6:30 PM Eastern time.

Surprised I haven't caught those two stations before at this time, I normally do a full scan of all the open bands from 5 until 6.

That is all,
RW Observer
Florida, always listening via my Tecsun PL-660 receiver.

Offline glimmer twin

• DX Legend
  • "I found my way to heaven , I did my time in hell"
    • View Profile
Re: Deutsche Welle & All India Radio
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2014, 1453 UTC »
AIR English is also on 7550 at this time if I am doing the UTC conversion correctly. The easiest heard frequencies for N America are from the Bengaluru transmitter which cranks out 500 kilowatts on 7550  9445 & 11670 from 20:45-22:30 UTC. The HF bully Radio Havana took up residence on the best heard frequency , 11670. but the other 2 Bengaluru are clear I think. Its all up to the propagation gods though.

DW is also on 11800 at this time I think. I hear the 25 meter freq's better here in central N America.
KCMO  Icom R 75 , SDR-IQ, Grundig Satellit 750 ,Tecsun PL 880, Tecsun PL660 , Tecsun PL380 & PL360  10 meter random wire  w/ RF systems MLB    Alpha Delta SWL DX sloper  
qsl   keithglimmer810@gmail.com

gentlemen,you can not fight in here, this is the war room