We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: DRM NTV BWS R Andernach Aug 15th 2014 0215UTC No audio decode even with 30/9 sig  (Read 1557 times)

Offline Enigma Explorer

• View Profile
    • Email
 DRM NTV BWS R Andernach Aug 15th 2014 0215UTC No audio decode even with 30/9 signal.

Looks like others have reported the same for this DRM station not being able to decode the audio too.

Note I have tuned in the frequency to give a minimum Sample Frequency Offset of -0.06Hz. That results in a dial frequency of 7317.3kHz USB set at 9.2kHz width ( low cutoff freq of 2900Hz and high cutoff freq of 12100Hz)

All receptions for this log station description:
SDR-IQ using SpectraVue software and recording 190 kHz rf spectrum to
hard drive for repeated play back and configuration changes as needed to
improve copy intelligibility. Antenna is a Carolina Windom 265 feet long
running North to South with long run on the North end. Location is South
Bend, Indiana one mile South of the Michigan border out in the country.
Amateur radio callsign of WD8ARZ and name is Bill.

73 from Bill - WD8ARZ

Offline glimmer twin

• DX Legend
  • "I found my way to heaven , I did my time in hell"
    • View Profile
I've read somewhere that this is some sort of military thing. Intended for German soldiers. You're getting some impressive DRM logs. Congrats.
KCMO  Icom R 75 , SDR-IQ, Grundig Satellit 750 ,Tecsun PL 880, Tecsun PL660 , Tecsun PL380 & PL360  10 meter random wire  w/ RF systems MLB    Alpha Delta SWL DX sloper  
qsl   keithglimmer810@gmail.com

gentlemen,you can not fight in here, this is the war room

Offline Enigma Explorer

• View Profile
    • Email
Thank you Keith for your comments. Having good luck with propagation, a good antenna, and retired, that gives me the time to pursue this interest is sure helping to make me lucky. Not to mention its fun .... hi hi  :-)

Interesting about the military aspect of that DRM capture.

Been recording these signals to the hard drive as raw rf bandwidth with Spectravue. That allows for full signal re-examination some time in the future when software gets better.

73 from Bill - WD8ARZ
-------------------------

Re: DRM NTV BWS R Andernach Aug 15th 2014 0215UTC No audio decode even with 30/9 sig

« Reply #1 on: Today at 10:09 »
Reply with quoteQuote 

I've read somewhere that this is some sort of military thing. Intended for German soldiers. You're getting some impressive DRM logs. Congrats.

KCMO  Icom R 75 , SDR-IQ, Grundig Satellit 750 ,Tecsun PL 880, Tecsun PL660 , Tecsun PL380 & PL360  10 meter random wire  w/ RF systems MLB    Alpha Delta SWL DX sloper   qsl   keithglimmer810@gmail.com