We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Strong carrier on 16100 khz possibly SOH Xi Wang Zhi Sheng testing?  (Read 1424 times)

Offline ka1iic

• Troy, Ohio
  • Troy, Ohio. 20m Vertical & low long wire E/W,
    • View Profile
    • Email
16100 KHZ 1400 UTC - ? possibly SOH Xi Wang Zhi Sheng testing with no modulation.  the signal is S9++ with rapid fading.

So far the unmodulated carrier has been on for 1 1/2 hours.

73 Vince
KA1IIC

"If you can't be anything, you can at least be annoying"

Troy, Ohio. 20m Vertical & low long wire E/W, Yaesu FT-187ND, SDRplay 2, Ratt Shack 2 meter rig, and other little bits of electronics I'm not talking about, homebrewed and otherwise... so there bleech!

Offline skeezix

• Global Moderator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Minneapolis, MN
  • What does 'RNO stand for?
    • View Profile
I didn't hear this particular transmission, but the Firedrake used to show up here. Perhaps remnants of that, if its S9++.
Minneapolis, MN

Offline ka1iic

• Troy, Ohio
  • Troy, Ohio. 20m Vertical & low long wire E/W,
    • View Profile
    • Email
Yeah I thought of that but this signal was about the strongest on all of the band, also it had the characteristic of a signal from Asia because of the rapid fading...  I would almost bet it was SOH...  Who knows of the why or what...

The Firedrake shows up in strange places but I am almost sure they are jamming some local signal... perhaps pirate???  In any matter I am sure it is anti-chi-com radio...

Your ideas???  I hope to be in the SE-Asia area in the near future and I will continue my logging from there...  keep ur fingers crossed :-)   
73 Vince
KA1IIC

"If you can't be anything, you can at least be annoying"

Troy, Ohio. 20m Vertical & low long wire E/W, Yaesu FT-187ND, SDRplay 2, Ratt Shack 2 meter rig, and other little bits of electronics I'm not talking about, homebrewed and otherwise... so there bleech!