We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: unknown Spanish Xmission 14295 khz 0245UTC  (Read 1179 times)

Offline ka1iic

• Troy, Ohio
  • Troy, Ohio. 20m Vertical & low long wire E/W,
    • View Profile
    • Email
unknown Spanish Xmission 14295 khz 0245UTC
« on: August 24, 2014, 0250 UTC »
I just dropped down from a contact on 14300khz at 0245utc and heard this Transmission on 14295 khz AM... it seems to be a Spanish program with music and commentary.  Signal is just above the noise but is clearly Spanish with a male and female commentary.

Any Ideas folks???

73 Vince
KA1IIC

"If you can't be anything, you can at least be annoying"

Troy, Ohio. 20m Vertical & low long wire E/W, Yaesu FT-187ND, SDRplay 2, Ratt Shack 2 meter rig, and other little bits of electronics I'm not talking about, homebrewed and otherwise... so there bleech!

Offline ka1iic

• Troy, Ohio
  • Troy, Ohio. 20m Vertical & low long wire E/W,
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: unknown Spanish Xmission 14295 khz 0245UTC
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2014, 0300 UTC »
It may be the 3rd harmonic of Radio Progresso...  the audio seems to match up...
73 Vince
KA1IIC

"If you can't be anything, you can at least be annoying"

Troy, Ohio. 20m Vertical & low long wire E/W, Yaesu FT-187ND, SDRplay 2, Ratt Shack 2 meter rig, and other little bits of electronics I'm not talking about, homebrewed and otherwise... so there bleech!