We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: 2014-09-11 05:01 UTC A Pair of CMEs  (Read 1115 times)

Offline ka1iic

• Troy, Ohio
  • Troy, Ohio. 20m Vertical & low long wire E/W,
    • View Profile
    • Email
2014-09-11 05:01 UTC A Pair of CMEs
« on: September 11, 2014, 1832 UTC »
2014-09-11 05:01 UTC  A Pair of CMEs

G2 (Moderate) geomagnetic storms remain in the forecast for September 12th as a result of the coronal mass ejection (CME) associated with the R1 (Minor) solar flare observed on the 9th. The latest WSA-Enlil model run has the CME associated with yesterday's R3 (Strong) solar flare arriving mid to late day on that same day. A G3 (Strong) Geomagnetic Storm Watch has been issued for September 13th due to the combined influence of these two events with G1 (Minor) storming anticipated to continue into September 14th. In addition, the S1 (Minor) solar radiation storm that is in progress as a result of the eruption yesterday is expected to persist for the next few days. Keep in mind that the forecast periods listed are in Universal Time so aurora watchers in the northern U.S. should be looking for possible activity both Thursday and Friday nights. Stay tuned for updates.

http://www.swpc.noaa.gov/index.html

NNNN
73 Vince
KA1IIC

"If you can't be anything, you can at least be annoying"

Troy, Ohio. 20m Vertical & low long wire E/W, Yaesu FT-187ND, SDRplay 2, Ratt Shack 2 meter rig, and other little bits of electronics I'm not talking about, homebrewed and otherwise... so there bleech!

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
Re: 2014-09-11 05:01 UTC A Pair of CMEs
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2014, 1947 UTC »
I told Fansome not to point HAARP at the sun, but would he listen? Noooo!

He's trying to claim he rolled over on "the remote control thingy" that controls HAARP in his sleep.

I have no idea why the government agreed to sell it to him. He needs to stick to combing the beaches for the Islamo-Penguin invasion he and Michael Savage are always hollering about.

Offline ka1iic

• Troy, Ohio
  • Troy, Ohio. 20m Vertical & low long wire E/W,
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: 2014-09-11 05:01 UTC A Pair of CMEs
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2014, 2238 UTC »
Yeah... he needs to watch out for that remote thingie...  it has 4 positions; low, medium. high and The Twilight Zone...  The latter invokes a space time loop that only Doctor Who can repair with 'Time Snot' a product that was sold by K-Smell back in the 1960's on TV ads that many of us remember to this day.

But in the meantime we must all bow and scream at the top of our lungs; "All Hail Bob" as we prepare for "X day"...

BTW Penguin tastes great if deep fat fried...  ::)

Oppps time for my medication  :P

73 Vince
KA1IIC

"If you can't be anything, you can at least be annoying"

Troy, Ohio. 20m Vertical & low long wire E/W, Yaesu FT-187ND, SDRplay 2, Ratt Shack 2 meter rig, and other little bits of electronics I'm not talking about, homebrewed and otherwise... so there bleech!

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground T-Shirt
by MitchellTimeDesigns