We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Burrow Owls.............  (Read 2681 times)

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
Burrow Owls.............
« on: September 19, 2014, 1941 UTC »
deadlier than a flock of the toughest penguins, yet my pal Al moved into the heart of burrow owl territory to be with his paramour.

However, Al keeps looking up in the trees for them, when everyone knows burrow owls live in a hole in the ground. Why do you think they call them "burrow owls?"

He hasn't been right since he started getting those pamphlets from Pueblo, Colorado.

Offline OldSeaRock

• Earth, TX
    • View Profile
Re: Burrow Owls.............
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2014, 2323 UTC »
Stuart I like you, you're not like the other kids here at the trailer park.   :P
eQsl appreciated:  theoldsearock@yahoo.com
Listening on & off since 1968.  Howdy from Tejas!

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2014, 0409 UTC »
Maybe I should warn Al about the Mixer?  He's a daredevil just like his old man.

Fansome

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2014, 0617 UTC »
I know that burrow owls don't live in trees; I'm looking up into the tree branches for penguins. Sheesh, get a grip, will ya?

deadlier than a flock of the toughest penguins, yet my pal Al moved into the heart of burrow owl territory to be with his paramour.

However, Al keeps looking up in the trees for them, when everyone knows burrow owls live in a hole in the ground. Why do you think they call them "burrow owls?"

He hasn't been right since he started getting those pamphlets from Pueblo, Colorado.

Offline Skipmuck

• Global Moderator
  • Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2014, 2018 UTC »
And the final question is...What do Burrowing Owls and Dead Milkmen have in common?
QSL's to poorbrookking >at< aol.com are greatly appreciated! All reception and postings using My radio, My antenna, and generally in real time(excluding posting of SSTV images!).
QTH:Springfield, MA
JRC NRD-515 with 43 meter half wave dipole into MFJ 949E Versa Tuner: also Grove SP-200 & SONY 2010's

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2014, 2324 UTC »
That bitchin' Camaro Al promised to drive up from the Bahamas.