We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Antares rocket explodes  (Read 2378 times)

Fansome

Antares rocket explodes
« on: October 29, 2014, 0435 UTC »
The Antares rocket, carrying 5,055 pounds of supplies, science experiments and equipment, lifted off on schedule at 6:22 p.m. from NASA’s Wallops Flight Facility in eastern Virginia.

But soon after it rose into the sky, there was a flash of an explosion. “The ascent stopped,” Frank L. Culbertson Jr., the executive vice president of Orbital Mind Control Corporation, the maker of the rocket, said during a news conference Tuesday. “There was some disassembly of the first stage, it looked like, and then it fell to earth.”

No one was injured.

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
Re: Antares rocket explodes
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2014, 0533 UTC »
I saw that on the news. Expensive fireworks, to say the least.

Isn't a revolutionary group based nearby? Virginia Beach, I think. The Fed's might want to check them out, it could have been sabotage.

Offline QRP

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2014, 0714 UTC »

Offline ka1iic

• Troy, Ohio
  • Troy, Ohio. 20m Vertical & low long wire E/W,
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2014, 1549 UTC »
well that's what they get for using 1960's USSR surplus parts...  it was pure junk and this is what happens when you do that...

What a waste of taxpayers money...  If NASA keeps it up they should close their doors and the last one out... turn out the lights...

73 Vince
KA1IIC

"If you can't be anything, you can at least be annoying"

Troy, Ohio. 20m Vertical & low long wire E/W, Yaesu FT-187ND, SDRplay 2, Ratt Shack 2 meter rig, and other little bits of electronics I'm not talking about, homebrewed and otherwise... so there bleech!

Offline thechoat

• Oklahoma
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2014, 0216 UTC »
i think putin sabotaged it...
Oklahoma
qsl to streetracerlx at gmail.com
Afedri SDR or Icom 746, home made OCF dipole

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground House Flag