We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: How to make the basics  (Read 2135 times)

Offline warner

• View Profile
    • Email
How to make the basics
« on: December 04, 2014, 2215 UTC »
Hi there all
Im looking for some help, i will give you some basic info, you know have an idea of my level, im a onc qualified electronics engineer, i have been interested in making some transmitters, receivers, and other electronics along this lines, but my low confidence has always stopped me, since completing college, i really want to build something, so i came here for some advice, i figured i would go to a forum about HF, as you guys will know best, i understand the architecture, i believe, i know i need to make a carrier wave, via a oscillation circuit, or function generator, etc and add my audio or data into this via a mixer ( which i believe is normally a transistor), then its amplified, filtered, then to the antenna.
to be picked up by the receiver.
Im looking for a distance of around 40 meters,  the size of my back garden.
I have got alot of the calculations, like the colpitts oscillation circuit ( with the LC tank),i have got an oscilloscope to test bits of circuits out. but i dont have the knowledge so though i woul dask in here.

If i have posted in the wrong place then im sorry
Jules

Offline ff

• Upstate NY
    • View Profile
Re: How to make the basics
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2014, 0029 UTC »
Hi Warner,

A good place to start for the VERY basics of RF manufacturing is:

http://makerf.com/

Have fun!
Hailing from the upstate boondocks region of the progressive paradise which once was New York State

Offline warner

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: How to make the basics
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2014, 0037 UTC »
thank you