We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Looking for Copies of QSLs from ROCKABILLY RADIO and BWR - BIG WEENIE RADIO 1990  (Read 2482 times)

Offline rockyrhino

• Southwestern ONTARIO
    • View Profile
Hi Guys: 

I am currently on a mission to find some DXers out there who would have received QSL's from the following 2 Pirate Stations from the 1990-1991 era……

ROCKABILLY RADIO - with DJ Rocky Rhino (less than 10 QSL's Issued). George Zeller says in his Books that Rockabilly Radio may have been one of the First Pirates to extensively use SSB for their Transmissions???

BWR - BIG WEENIE RADIO (Only 2-3 QSLs Issued)

If you are one of the lucky few to have received QSLs from these Stations…..I would be most interested in receiving a Copy of that QSL for my Archives!!! Please contact me at …..

circledots@rogers.com 

If you can send along a Scan of the QSL's…that would be most appreciated!!

Thanks!!
Twidlin' the Knobs in Southwestern Ontario since 1976………….
Please QSL to circledots@rogers.com
ELAD FDM-S2 SDR and WELLBROOK ALA-1530LNP IMPERIUM LOOP

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
I have Rockabilly Radio QSL #22, I'll send a scan your way.
Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD
eQSLs appreciated! csmolinski@blackcatsystems.com
netSDR / AFE822x / AirSpy HF+ / KiwiSDR / 900 ft Horz skyloop / 500 ft NE beverage / 250 ft V Beam / 58 ft T2FD / 120 ft T2FD / 400 ft south beverage / 43m, 20m, 10m  dipoles / Crossed Parallel Loop / Discone in a tree

Offline rockyrhino

• Southwestern ONTARIO
    • View Profile
Thanks a Million Chris…Got it!!!

Offline Niel Wolfish

• Toronto, Ontario
    • View Profile
    • Email
Rocky, I remember hearing the station in March of 1990 and I remember getting a QSL from you.  But I can't find the QSL (or a lot of other ones). 

Fortunately, I did locate my special Radio Nederland QSL from 1978 for a report of Glenn Hauser's DX report that used to appear on the DX Juke Box program (which features a picture of His Eminence).  No doubt I probably was listening on 6165 kHz via Bonaire.

Big Weenie Radio rings no bells here.
Niel Wolfish, Toronto Ontario
niel@ican.net
WinRadio Excalibur G31DDC + Wellbrook Loop

Offline RCCI

• DX Legend
  • Chicagoland
    • View Profile
    • Email
I have the QSL's from that time period as well as a letter from you. I do not have a scanner, but can send you the whole batch via snail mail if you wish to scan them. RCCI (Radio Comedy Club International) Send reply via my YAHOO address.  ... Steve

BTW.... I plan on getting a cheap flatbed scanner, and file all of the QSL's received over the years. There are a few I have, not posted to HF underground. (pretty obscure ;D)
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 2053 UTC by RCCI »
+ Equipment: Yaesu FRG 100B, Kenwood R-1000, Yaesu FRG7,
+ Antenna: 75' dipole, height 21', running north and south.  Chicagoland area.
 *** QSLs welcomed at: gangwise1997@yahoo.com   Thanks!   ...Steve

Offline rockyrhino

• Southwestern ONTARIO
    • View Profile
Thanks RCCI….I have sent an email to you direct!!!

Offline Andrew Yoder

• DX Legend
    • View Profile
    • Hobby Broadcasting Blog
    • Email
Hi Rocky, I have QSL #5, from 3/24/90. I scan it & send a copy to you, hopefully tomorrow. Hope to hear you on the air again sometime!
Please QSL to: POB 109, BRS, PA 17214
Hobby Broadcasting Blog: http://hobbybroadcasting.blogspot.com/
Drake R8, AOR AR-7030, R-390A, R-388, SX-28A, Philco 44 + some others    Horizontal loops & 1/2-wave inverted V

Offline rockyrhino

• Southwestern ONTARIO
    • View Profile
Hi Rocky, I have QSL #5, from 3/24/90. I scan it & send a copy to you, hopefully tomorrow. Hope to hear you on the air again sometime!

Thanks Andy for letting me know you have QSL # 5!! THat's great. If you can send me a scan of the QSL…I would be most Happy to receive it……

Happy New Year Andy!!

73..Rocky