We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Who is the voice of "aviation weather" 10051 kHz?  (Read 2117 times)

Offline Dag

• View Profile
Who is the voice of "aviation weather" 10051 kHz?
« on: January 11, 2015, 0054 UTC »
Who is the voice of "aviation weather" on USB 10051 kHz? What's his name?  Where is he?

He seems to be the same voice for New York Radio and Gander radio on 10051 khz, heard easily in central Florida at 0030+ Z.

I've heard his voice for years (it seems).

It's the same voice, same delivery, same clear diction for as long as I've heard the broadcasts. There's a old post regard these volmet broadcasts that indicates it's a computerized voice. This makes sense as it's a mundane task to read all of the weather conditions.  If so, it's the most authentic and impressive synthesized human voice I've heard.

Dag
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 1355 UTC by Dag »
Seminole county, Florida, USA, Earth, Solar System, Universe.Icom 7610 + attic dipole. Black coffee. Ketosis.

Offline Hornet0123

• Central Maine
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Who is the voice of "aviation weather" 10051 kHz?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2015, 1449 UTC »
Who ever it is has the second most boring job in the world, right behind the guy that walks you through activating windows by phone
Now listening on an Afedri SDR with a 450 ft Sky Loop
From the heart of Maine
Pls  QSL to dave [at] cebangor.com

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground House Flag
by MitchellTimeDesigns