We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Spainish Lady, 5 number groups, 10.345 0600 UTC  (Read 3500 times)

Offline skottu

• View Profile
    • Email
Spainish Lady, 5 number groups, 10.345 0600 UTC
« on: January 03, 2015, 1642 UTC »
10.345 MHz Wed, Fri, & Sun at 0600 UTC and 0630 UTC.

5 number female Spanish with digital fax/modem noise between most groups. I have been listening to these broadcasts for more than a month in Northern Arizona. Each broadcast lasts about 20 minutes and the 0630 one seems to be a repeat of the 0600 one. The signal is strong and is in AM. Is this the Cuban Lady?

I've been picking up numbers stations since the '70s and '80s but have I've recently rediscovered them. Glad that there are others who I can share my logs and observations with with.

--- skottu

Offline Token

• Global Moderator
  • DX Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Spainish Lady, 5 number groups, 10.345 0600 UTC
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2015, 1859 UTC »
Yes, this is a Cuban sourced station called HM01.  This station has a regular schedule and is the easiest numbers station for most of North America to receive.

See 2nd post here for station details:
http://www.hfunderground.com/board/index.php/topic,20168.0.html

T!
T!
Mojave Desert, California USA

Offline skottu

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Spainish Lady, 5 number groups, 10.345 0600 UTC
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2015, 0458 UTC »
Thanks for the info and the link.

Here is a link to a vid of a lecture that I found a while back. I'm guessing that most of this group has already seen it but just in case:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1XuKA8Kj4w

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground Garden Flag
by MitchellTimeDesigns