We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Metro Radio International  (Read 1379 times)

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
Metro Radio International
« on: February 23, 2015, 1932 UTC »
From MRI:

Hello all,

I am sure many of you have been wondering why there haven’t been any MRI shows recently. A lot has happened… all good though.

1.       I decided to get of my butt and start a record label

2.       After reuniting a few years ago, my band of 30 years finally got signed, and we are doing a new album/boxed set.

3.       On to of all that, another label is interested in my back catalogue from other projects.

Unfortunately that does not leave time for producing radio shows and airing them, so MRI is being put on hold until I am too old to be taken serious in the music biz.

Ms Synth and I would like to thank all of our listeners and fans, and thank you all for your reception reports. It has been a lot of fun indeed. And if I still owe anyone a QSL, please feel free to remind me.

Adios and 73!

DJF and Ms Synth
Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD
eQSLs appreciated! csmolinski@blackcatsystems.com
netSDR / AFE822x / AirSpy HF+ / KiwiSDR / 900 ft Horz skyloop / 500 ft NE beverage / 250 ft V Beam / 58 ft T2FD / 120 ft T2FD / 400 ft south beverage / 43m, 20m, 10m  dipoles / Crossed Parallel Loop / Discone in a tree

Offline Beerus Maximus

• Administrator
  • DX Legend
  • Boston, Massachusetts
  • hold my beer and watch this
    • View Profile
    • Beerus' 30 Below Site
    • Email
Re: Metro Radio International
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2015, 0110 UTC »
That's great news for Mr. & Ms. MRI. MRI is a great station; hopefully their new-found success off-air will lead to greater things on shortwave down the road. Major beer props!
# Genetically engineered sentient sausage & undisputed inventor of the end-fed dipole. I also invented the schlumpy dipole.
# KiwiSDR, NetSDR, Airspy HF+, Airspy HF+ Discovery, TS-590, IC-7610, FTDX10, ANAN 7000 DLE MKII
# beerusmaximus@gmail.com * North Shore, Massachusetts