We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Radio Shack Bargains?  (Read 5545 times)

Offline jFarley

• Marconi Class DXer
  • near Chicago
    • View Profile
    • Email
Radio Shack Bargains?
« on: April 18, 2015, 1548 UTC »
I needed another antenna rotator, and had been shopping around.  The RS 15-1245 - renowned as a POS - would fill the bill as the rotator head was going to be modified anyway (shorten the gear train, replace the sync motor, and add a position feedback pot).  This had been trending at around $45 lately (down from the usual $60) and since I was going to just use an old gift card balance for the purchase, no worries.

Just got back from the local RS, and found out that the 1245 was on sale for $30, and was just one item on an 18 page list of 50% off items.  I was able to get 2 for a net cash outlay of $14...score!

This might be a good time to check out RS online for your needs!
Joe Farley, Near Chicago
SDR-IQ / R8 / R7
Remote Resonant Loops for HF and LF / ALA 1530
Active 60" Whip / PA0RDT
QSLS appreciated to:    jfarley44@att.net

Offline TeaLeaf

• Central Missouri
    • View Profile
Re: Radio Shack Bargains?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2015, 0321 UTC »
102 stainless steel CB whips were going for $12 the other day. Bought several, also have good deals on TV/FM yagi antennas.
Radios: Icom IC-R75, Yaesu FT-450D, Tecsun PL-660, SONY XDR-F1HD
Antennas: 73' End Fed, 51' G5RV

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
Re: Radio Shack Bargains?
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2015, 1814 UTC »
They were selling off their version of the Sangean 505 at a ridiculous price, roughly 50 bucks. That's a good little portable.