We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: My theory on "Old Time Radio 6770"  (Read 5369 times)

Offline ff

• Upstate NY
    • View Profile
Re: My theory on "Old Time Radio 6770"
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2015, 1735 UTC »
That guy must spend a lot of time in the garage! Given the amount of hours OTR is on, I'd say that transmitter must be hot enough to fry up a couple veggie burgers by now...

He probably forgot to turn it off.

Or he unexpectedly passed away.... :o  If so, you can forget about those QSLs...
Hailing from the upstate boondocks region of the progressive paradise which once was New York State

Offline Skipmuck

• Global Moderator
  • Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: My theory on "Old Time Radio 6770"
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2015, 1336 UTC »
All joking aside, I've had some really excellent reception of OTR over the past year or so, particularly in the hours before and up to local sunset, and the programs are a bit of a time warp! I've zoned out on several occasions  while imagining myself sitting in front of an old stand up radio and catching "the latest" episodes of my favorite programs. The cigarette and toothpaste ads are a real hoot too! I for one treasure this mysterious denizen of the shortwaves and hope it continues to be the RF equivalent of a lighthouse beacon. In fact, I use OTR as an indicator of propagation conditions on 43-44 meters....I really don't care about the who, what, why, or where of OTR. It is there most of the time and that works for me! I just hope that in this era of continuing decline of shortwave broadcasting, that we are able to hear this in the future. I hope it becomes a franchise! 8)

I think that old guy in the garage is too busy nodding off between projects to bother with QSL's....probably has a half pint of something in the toolbox to ease the creaky old bones ;D
QSL's to poorbrookking >at< aol.com are greatly appreciated! All reception and postings using My radio, My antenna, and generally in real time(excluding posting of SSTV images!).
QTH:Springfield, MA
JRC NRD-515 with 43 meter half wave dipole into MFJ 949E Versa Tuner: also Grove SP-200 & SONY 2010's