We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Need some help configuring software with my new SDR  (Read 4855 times)

JoeFLIPS

Need some help configuring software with my new SDR
« on: August 13, 2015, 0509 UTC »
I recently bought an SDR to try out as a first timer. Nothing expensive,I got an RTL SDR + UpConverter box off Ebay for $78 (pic is attached). It covers 100 kHz-1.7 GHZ. I downloaded three software programs to use on it: SDR Console V2.3,SDR Sharp and HDSDR. HDSDR is the only one I can get to work so far. The program I really want to use is SDR Console and for some reason I can't get it to work properly as well as the SDR Sharp program. I did some research beforehand online and these three programs are among the list of software that supposedly is compatible with RTL SDRs. After more research online and downloading a few .dll files and something called Zadig I am able to get the box to connect to the SDR Console software now but I am getting no audio or waterfall activity,all I am hearing is static. Any suggestions? Thanks!

JoeFLIPS

Re: Need some help configuring software with my new SDR
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2015, 0516 UTC »
Here is a current screen shot of what I mean. Tuned it into Radio Havana and no waterfall at all.

Offline NN4F

• Ridgeville, SC
    • ICQ Messenger - 256256
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Need some help configuring software with my new SDR
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2015, 0346 UTC »
Are you setting the shift, which if i read right is 40Mhz, so in SDRConsole, when you start up, on the select radio screen you need to set a 40mhz up shift in the manager....
Paul-NN4F
Ridgeville,SC EM93TB
Elad S1/S2/S3/Duo/DuoR, Perseus, AOR AR7030,AR3000A,FRG-7700,FTdx3000,FT100D, RSP1/1A//2/2pro X11, LimeSDR,Tecsun PL880,
1500ft Loop@70ft, 364ft(160)Dipole,TA63-M 6band beam,3x
1000ft Beverages NE/NW/S, 80ft Sloper for general RX,FRT7700,FRA7700