We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Attention software gurus...anyone know how to write a QUAM decoder program?  (Read 7278 times)

Offline redhat

• DX Legend
  • USA
  • Music is my drug.
    • View Profile
    • Email
After reviewing some off-air recordings, as well as some verified info off the web, one of the shortcomings of SoDiRA is becoming more apparent.  The problem manifests itself in hardware decoders as well, its called 'platform motion'.  Its caused by selective fading altering the phase and amplitude relationships of the composite c-quam waveform.  A clever work-around is to decode the c-quam waveform as QUAM instead, which does away with the cosine correction, and thus greatly reduce platform motion.

So, who knows how to write code for this, because I sure don't.  I'm a hardware guy after all :)

It might also be neat to add ISB decode as well, seeing as there is currently no way in software to do this.

Thanks All,

+-RH
Somewhere under the stars...
Airspy HF+, MLA-30/Mini-whip/Chi-Town Loop
Please send QSL's and reception reports to xfmshortwave [at] proton [d0t] me