We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Uploading pirate QSLs?  (Read 2706 times)

Offline syfr

• View Profile
Uploading pirate QSLs?
« on: January 09, 2010, 0037 UTC »
I was a very active Pirate SWL back in the 80s and early 90s. I kept the cards I got from the 50 or so stations, and it would be fun to scan and upload them.

I've seen in the Wiki the "upload file" section. If I was to do this, does someone (Chris?) make sure they end up in the right place? Do I need to arrange for this ahead of time?

Thanks for any pointers....

Kiwsdr x 2. TenTec Paragon/NRD535

Fansome

Re: Uploading pirate QSLs?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2010, 0426 UTC »
I think that you are responsible for uploading them yourself. I see that someone has set up a QSL collection category on the Wiki, and has populated it with a lot of the QSLs that people, including me, have uploaded. I'd say that's a good place to start. Later you might consider putting links in the articles about particular pirates to the QSL images that you have uploaded. Of course, feel free to drop in #pirateradio to ask for help.

Offline syfr

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2010, 1225 UTC »
Ok, will give it a go and see where the files go when they are uploaded.

Offline cosmikdebris

• View Profile
    • Radio Free Mount Airy
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2010, 1638 UTC »
I was a very active Pirate SWL back in the 80s and early 90s. I kept the cards I got from the 50 or so stations, and it would be fun to scan and upload them.

I've seen in the Wiki the "upload file" section. If I was to do this, does someone (Chris?) make sure they end up in the right place? Do I need to arrange for this ahead of time?

Thanks for any pointers....

Upload away.. we watch the wiki activity and will help get your collection properly categorized so everyone can find what you share.

L.

Offline syfr

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2010, 1958 UTC »
S/B there...golden oldies

Offline olddxer

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2010, 2317 UTC »
Some on my op stuff can be found here. http://s659.photobucket.com/home/olddxer
Anan 8000DLE, Drake R8B, NRD-515, Perseus SDR, a bunch of Hammarlunds, Inverted V multiband dipole

Merohde@columbus.rr.com

Offline syfr

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2010, 0045 UTC »
Thanks to whoever organized and posted them.

Late 80's early 90s seemed to really be a golden age of Free Radio on SW. 90+% of those were logged in AM, and it was fun time with lots of activity. 7415 was where it was at .

HFUnderground Mug
HFUnderground Mug
by MitchellTimeDesigns