We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: WRNO back on 7505 kHz in English at 04:00 UTC  (Read 1393 times)

Offline SW Observer

• View Profile
    • International Numbers Station Monitoring Association
WRNO back on 7505 kHz in English at 04:00 UTC
« on: September 30, 2015, 0407 UTC »
Coming in here in Southern New York for the first time since March or so, SINPO is all 5's. Christian music is being played.

Nice to see this station back on the airwaves.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 0409 UTC by RW Observer »
Florida, always listening via my Tecsun PL-660 receiver.

Offline EliteData

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: WRNO back on 7505 kHz in English at 04:00 UTC
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2015, 0501 UTC »
strange.
i came across this browsing the bands because the modulation sounds like its carrier saturated and they are off frequency at 7.504.824Mhz and during a google search, this thread appeared.
sounds like a bad tube(s) in the high level audio modulation circuit.
are they are still having problems with the transmitter ?
perhaps someone inexperienced attempted repairs/adjustments to the transmitter and completely misaligned/fubar'd it ?
just as i was posting this, it suddenly went abruptly off in the middle of music at 0502 UTC without warning (hours of operation, 7 days from 0200 to 0500 UTC)
funny thing is, you can still see traces of a slight carrier on the waterfall just as it went off.
from a little internet research and concluding my opinion based on my observation, this appears to be a station thats has run amuck and has gone into mjor difficulties, technical problems and budget issues, thats all but about ready to shut down and call it a day.
attached is a sound clip recorded 5 minutes before sign off and a waterfall screen shot 30 seconds after sign off.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 0525 UTC by EliteData »