We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: almost there!  (Read 2738 times)

jackson_r

almost there!
« on: October 07, 2015, 0000 UTC »
I'm most of the way there in building my SW broadcast station.  I appreciate all the friendly and helpful advice I've received from some of the experts here.  The last part I'm waiting on is a mag mount base for my antenna before I start testing everything out.  I've decided on this setup so I can use it mobile when I'm able but then can also bring it inside when I want to broadcast from home (mounted to a suitable sheet of metal for a proper ground plane of course).  I don't know that I've ever seen anyone post photos of their setup, so I hope this is allowed, but I thought I'd attach a photo of what I've put together so far.  Excited to give everything a try.   :)

Offline ff

• Upstate NY
    • View Profile
Re: almost there!
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2015, 0058 UTC »
How did you make out with the 735's "diode snip"?  Have fun, and take it one step at a time Jackson... 73!
Hailing from the upstate boondocks region of the progressive paradise which once was New York State

jackson_r

Re: almost there!
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2015, 0157 UTC »
As you said, ff, easy!  I didn't try to pull them out, however.  I just clipped one side of each diode and then pushed the two ends slightly apart.  If you think there could be arcing issues, please let me know and I can get back in there and remove more or push them even farther apart. 
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 1139 UTC by jackson_r »