We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: WDMV 700 Walkersville MD  (Read 3537 times)

Offline cosmikdebris

• View Profile
    • Radio Free Mount Airy
    • Email
WDMV 700 Walkersville MD
« on: January 15, 2010, 0444 UTC »
A local daytimer here, WDMV 700 is back on the air as of Monday, January 11, 2010. They were off the air for most of the past year after their owner went chapter 11 in a big family spat. They're running a weird mix of Beatles anthology out-takes, fifties music, twangy  old country, and an occasional 80s rock song. No commercials, and only an overlay station ID at the TOH.

Despite their license they haven't shut down at sunset at all this week. They were on at least past 8PM the past couple of nights, eventually losing out to WLW. So if anyone out there hears a song by the Flying Burrito Brothers on 700 it's sure to be WDMV violating their license.

L.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 0446 UTC by cosmikdebris »

Offline Zoidberg

• DX Legend
  • Gopher Stomp, Texas
  • i c u
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: WDMV 700 Walkersville MD
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2010, 1647 UTC »
A...So if anyone out there hears a song by the Flying Burrito Brothers on 700 it's sure to be WDMV violating their license.

Gee, Cos, you say that as if it's a bad thing.   ;)

Now, 'scuse me while I go kick myself for selling my Gram Parsons vinyl several years ago...
That li'l ol' DXer from Texas
Unpleasant Frequencies Crew
Al: Palstar R30C & various antennae
Snoopy: Sony ICF-2010
Roger: Magnavox D2935
(Off-air recordings.)

Offline cosmikdebris

• View Profile
    • Radio Free Mount Airy
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2010, 2022 UTC »
A...So if anyone out there hears a song by the Flying Burrito Brothers on 700 it's sure to be WDMV violating their license.

Gee, Cos, you say that as if it's a bad thing.   ;)

Now, 'scuse me while I go kick myself for selling my Gram Parsons vinyl several years ago...

Oh no.. quite the contrary.

They obviously didn't give their playlist a thorough enough scrubbing. This morning I heard them play a song with the lyric "1..2..3..4.. we don't want your f00kin' war" except the word they used was not "f00k."

Quite a thrill to have such a station on the air here.

L.

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2010, 1405 UTC »
I remember they used to run investing programming a year or two ago, and didn't they run the Greaseman for a while before that?
Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD
eQSLs appreciated! csmolinski@blackcatsystems.com
netSDR / AFE822x / AirSpy HF+ / KiwiSDR / 900 ft Horz skyloop / 500 ft NE beverage / 250 ft V Beam / 58 ft T2FD / 120 ft T2FD / 400 ft south beverage / 43m, 20m, 10m  dipoles / Crossed Parallel Loop / Discone in a tree

Offline L Cee

• East Coast - USA
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2010, 1412 UTC »
Saturday morning 1/23/2010 at 9:00am/1400utc playing what sounds like spanish music with ID "This is AM 700 WDMV Walkersville, MD".  Very good signal s6 on the meter.
L Cee
East Coast - USA

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground Garden Flag
by MitchellTimeDesigns