We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: !0 meters is open and of course there is a contest happening....  (Read 779 times)

Offline ka1iic

• Troy, Ohio
  • Troy, Ohio. 20m Vertical & low long wire E/W,
    • View Profile
    • Email
10 M is open right now... 1800 UTC...  Lot's of contesters on... and now for my comment...

Maybe some of you might remember ( I don't know why you would but... I digress) in the past I have mentioned that there are times when 11 meters is wide open but 10 meters is 'dead'...

Here's my point, kinda-sorta,  I can only hear 1 (one) 10 meter CW beacon at my location today but loads of USB/CW real time stations...

I guess this means that 'human nature' is a factor...  If Joe Ham doesn't hear anyone on the band then the band must be 'totally dead'.

But today, for me at least, proves otherwise...  I always call CQ even on those days when no one is on (but if I am on then there IS at least one person to talk to...)

Makes me think about a guy many years ago (on 75 meters daytime) who used to carry on a 2-way conversation with himself... and at times he would really get angry about what he said and then give himself the devil for saying it...  I really enjoyed listening to him... (I  withhold his name and call as he has since pass on... may he resume his QSO with himself where ever Hams go when they go SK)

Good Grief I'm rambling again... sri me bad...

Vince
Ka1iic
73 Vince
KA1IIC

"If you can't be anything, you can at least be annoying"

Troy, Ohio. 20m Vertical & low long wire E/W, Yaesu FT-187ND, SDRplay 2, Ratt Shack 2 meter rig, and other little bits of electronics I'm not talking about, homebrewed and otherwise... so there bleech!