We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: UNID 6885 RTTY 2036 - 2053 UTC 9 NOV 2015  (Read 1442 times)

Offline aurora

• DX Legend
  • Pittsburgh, PA
    • View Profile
    • Email
UNID 6885 RTTY 2036 - 2053 UTC 9 NOV 2015
« on: November 09, 2015, 2119 UTC »
Very strong RTTY station -  S9 - Not sure what to make of this
My rig does not have a print output so I photographed the running text and transcribed it here verbatim:

2036 - "MORE FRUITFUL LIFE WILL YOU JOIN IN THAT HISTORIC EFFORT?"

2047 - "DE B. KENNEDY'S INAUGURAL ADDRESS: ASK NOT WHAT YOUR COUNTRY CAN DO FOR YOU 191RCIXT
A DE B. IN THE TONG H STORY OF THE WORLD, ONLY A FEW GENERATIONS HAVE BEEN GRANTED THE ROLE OF DEFENDING FREEDOM IN ITS HOUR OF MAXIMUM DANGER. I DO NOTSHRINK FROM THIS RESPONSIBILITY--I WELCOME IT. I DO NOT BELIEVE THAT ANY OF US WOULD EXCHANGE PLACES WITH ANY OTHER PEOPLEOR ANY OTHER  GENERATION. THE ENERGY, THE FAITH, TT DEVOTION WHINH WE BRINGTO THIS NDEAVOR WILL LIGHT OUR COUNTRY AND ALL WHO SERVE T--AND THE GLOW FROM THAT FIRE CAN TRULY LIGHT THE WORLD. OSFTCBRBRNUA DE B. MY FELLOW CITIZENS OF THE WORLD: ASK NOT WHAT AMER CA WITL DO FOR YOU, BUT WHAT TOGETHER WE CAN DO FOR THE FREEDOM OF MAN.VITA DE B. FINALLH, WHETHER YOU ARE CITIZENS OF THE WORLD, ASK OFS HERE THE SAME HIGH STA DARDS OF STRENGTH AND SACRIFICE WHICH WE ASK OF YOU. WITH A GOOD CONSC ENCE OUR ONLY SURE REWARD, WITH HISTORY OF THE F N T JUDGE OF OUR DEEDS, LET US GO FORTH TO LEAD THE LAND WE LOVE, ASKING HIS BLESSINGS AND HIS HELP, BUT KNOWING THAT HERE ON EARTH GODS WORK MUST TRULY BE OUR OWN.WNFCVQ"

Nothing else heard 2053 - 2119 UTC

any ideas, anyone?
eQSLs appreciated! Send to: aurora6925 (at) mail.com
Icom 756Pro3 rig & 133 ft Carolina-Windom ant
Pittsburgh PA

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
Re: UNID 6885 RTTY 2036 - 2053 UTC 9 NOV 2015
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2015, 2124 UTC »
I noticed this as well, very strong. I was just getting the decoding software running when it went QRT. 

Thanks for the transcript!

I have the SDR recording now, so if it pops back on, I should be able to decode it.
Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD
eQSLs appreciated! csmolinski@blackcatsystems.com
netSDR / AFE822x / AirSpy HF+ / KiwiSDR / 900 ft Horz skyloop / 500 ft NE beverage / 250 ft V Beam / 58 ft T2FD / 120 ft T2FD / 400 ft south beverage / 43m, 20m, 10m  dipoles / Crossed Parallel Loop / Discone in a tree