We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: K6FRC/B: Tracy, CA Power Output- 100 watts Frequency- 28.300 MHz.  (Read 1687 times)

Offline ka1iic

• Troy, Ohio
  • Troy, Ohio. 20m Vertical & low long wire E/W,
    • View Profile
    • Email
Nov. 4 2015   2000 UTC

K6FRC/B:
Tracy, CA
Power Output- 100 watts
Frequency- 28.300 MHz.

I monitor this beacon almost daily here in S. Ohio and if there is any propagation at all I will hear this one. 

As a note for you folks that know more about propagation than I, (and that could be almost anyone ;-))  This beacon hits above the noise level at about 11 AM local time and builds up in strength until past noon (local) and the signal gets weaker as the sun gets lower in the sky.

Right now (2020 UTC or 3:20 pm local) the signal is Q5 and is clearly readable without CW filters etc.  But there is slow and deep selective fading.

Is it just me or are there more medium skip openings on the European side then here in the States? Checking the http://www.dxwatch.com/   DX cluster it almost seems that way...  Perhaps I am full of you know what... thanks to Doctor Poo and his Litter Box...

anyway, have a good day and a better tomorrow!
Vince
KA1IIC

73 Vince
KA1IIC

"If you can't be anything, you can at least be annoying"

Troy, Ohio. 20m Vertical & low long wire E/W, Yaesu FT-187ND, SDRplay 2, Ratt Shack 2 meter rig, and other little bits of electronics I'm not talking about, homebrewed and otherwise... so there bleech!