We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Church Logs Nov.16  (Read 2004 times)

Offline prldx

• View Profile
Church Logs Nov.16
« on: November 16, 2015, 1823 UTC »
Nov 16, 1100-1200 UTC
27651 Sts. Patrick & Brigid Church Clane, Co. Kildare
27601 Church of the BVM Immaculate Portglenone, Co. Antrim
Hello Patrick, my name is Anthony Curran, I am parish priest of the Church of the Blessed Virgin Mary Immaculate in Portglenone, I was pleased that you were able to pick up the radio transmission of Mass in Austria. Technology continues to surprise me. Thank you for you email.
Anthony

Patrick
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 1827 UTC by prldx »
Rx: AR7030 / Perseus
Ant: MK-1

"Radio was an exciting new invention that made it possible to hear other peopleīs voices in your living room without the use of thin walls or a devastating mental condition" (Cunk on Britain Ep 4)

Offline R4002

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
    • R4002 - YouTube Videos
Re: Church Logs Nov.16
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2015, 2123 UTC »
You very well could consider that an 11m church broadcast QSL!

Did he mention what sort of equipment his church uses?  I imagine a lot of these churches are running "street legal" 4 watt radios (and some are probably running a lot more than that) but they're using high performance antennas mounted on top of the church.
U.S. East Coast, various HF/VHF/UHF radios/transceivers/scanners/receivers - land mobile system operator - focus on VHF/UHF and 11m

Offline prldx

• View Profile
Re: Church Logs Nov.16
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2015, 1202 UTC »
You very well could consider that an 11m church broadcast QSL!
Yes they do QSL. And return percentage is higher than those of broadcsting stations these days.

Did he mention what sort of equipment his church uses?
No. Itīs difficult to get information about the equiment as most of the priests have no technical knowledge about it.
Legal power is 4 watt FM or 1 watt AM.

Patrick
Rx: AR7030 / Perseus
Ant: MK-1

"Radio was an exciting new invention that made it possible to hear other peopleīs voices in your living room without the use of thin walls or a devastating mental condition" (Cunk on Britain Ep 4)

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground House Flag
by MitchellTimeDesigns