We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: RF Space Update (from their email)  (Read 5850 times)

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
RF Space Update (from their email)
« on: October 31, 2015, 1524 UTC »
Hi All,

There has been a lot going on at RFSPACE. Today we are releasing version 3.38 of SpectraVue. This version fixes a few bugs and adds windowing to the pulse compression mode. This mode is useful for the passive ionosphere observations using CODAR and other OTHR transmitters. We will produce a short video and write-up soon.

http://www.rfspace.com/RFSPACE/SpectraVue.html

Moe has also added a few features to the RemoteSDRclient. It now allows you to route the raw IQ from a remote radio to a separate application using UDP. It also includes the option of recording remote IQ or audio to a wavefile on both Windows and MacOS.

http://www.rfspace.com/RFSPACE/CloudIQ_files/RemoteSDRclient/RemoteSdrClientWinSetup_119.exe

http://www.rfspace.com/RFSPACE/CloudIQ_files/RemoteSDRclient/RemoteSdrClient119.dmg

There is also a new CloudSetup application that will make it simpler to see what versions of the firmware is installed in the Cloud-IQ and CloudSDR radios. Moe is working on an install write-up since it can get a little complicated.

http://www.rfspace.com/RFSPACE/CloudIQ_files/CloudSetup105.zip

We have also released a new updated version of the NetSDR radio called the NetSDR+. This radio has an improved circuit board that increases the RF performance and sensitivity. It also includes a silicon tuner with RF pre-selection to add frequency coverage to 700+ MHz. The tuner is frequency locked to the internal oscillator and offers very good performance. It also includes an 8 MHz display waterfall mode for spectrum analysis. We have also reduced the price by 25%. The NetSDR+ is ONLY available factory direct at this time. We can ship directly to EU, JP, AUS etc.

http://www.rfspace.com/RFSPACE/NetSDR+.html

Owners of the NetSDR will also be able to upgrade to the downconverter option (-DC) very soon. We have already build over 150 downconverter option boards and will start offering them for sale shortly at $125. Due to the expensive shipping to EU, we are trying to stock them at a dealer in EU. On the previous NetSDR radios, the downconverter covers 40-550+ MHz.

The NetSDR+ should also enable the use of the NetSDR-X2-02-04 option with full performance. We will be testing this option soon to see if it makes sense to release it to the market.

http://www.rfspace.com/RFSPACE/NetSDR-X2.html

The Cloud-IQ has been a success and we have run out of the initial build units. We will be building the second batch in the next few weeks. We hope to have them the first week of December.

As soon as we complete the second build of Cloud-IQs, we will be producing the first batch of CloudSDRs. We apologize for delaying the CloudSDR, but too many things have happened beyond our control.

Pieter
Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD
eQSLs appreciated! csmolinski@blackcatsystems.com
netSDR / AFE822x / AirSpy HF+ / KiwiSDR / 900 ft Horz skyloop / 500 ft NE beverage / 250 ft V Beam / 58 ft T2FD / 120 ft T2FD / 400 ft south beverage / 43m, 20m, 10m  dipoles / Crossed Parallel Loop / Discone in a tree

Offline jFarley

• Marconi Class DXer
  • near Chicago
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: RF Space Update (from their email)
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2015, 1541 UTC »
We are looking closely at the Cloud-IQ here.
Joe Farley, Near Chicago
SDR-IQ / R8 / R7
Remote Resonant Loops for HF and LF / ALA 1530
Active 60" Whip / PA0RDT
QSLS appreciated to:    jfarley44@att.net

Offline Evil Elvis

• Disgraceland
  • On the banks of the mighty Wolf River
    • View Profile
    • SWLDX.US
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2015, 0238 UTC »
Thanks Chris. I may upgrade the NetSDR to the new downconverter board. Expanding from 550 to 700 mHz could be interesting.

Sure wish Pieter would work with Alex to get the NetSDR, and the Cloud-IQ for that matter, working natively with CWSkimmer like the SDR-IQ. Tried to initiate that communication earlier this year and neither party seemed too interested.
Evil Elvis, western Tennessee east of Memphrica
Icom IC-705, IC-7200, IC-7300, IC-7610, IC-9700
WinRadio G33DDC, Perseus, RFSpace NetSDR, SDR-IQ, SDR-14, Kiwi, 4x Airspy HF+ Discovery, ELAD FDM-S2
Wellbrook ALA100LN, ALA1530LNP Imperium, Bushcomm BBA-1KD

Old School: No remote SDRs, all my receivers, my tenners.

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2015, 1144 UTC »
I have a downconverter board on the way for my netSDR, I'll report back once it arrives.
Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD
netSDR / AFE822x / AirSpy HF+ / KiwiSDR / 900 ft Horz skyloop / 500 ft NE beverage / 250 ft V Beam / 58 ft T2FD / 120 ft T2FD / 400 ft south beverage / 43m, 20m, 10m  dipoles / Crossed Parallel Loop / Discone in a tree

Offline Evil Elvis

• Disgraceland
  • On the banks of the mighty Wolf River
    • View Profile
    • SWLDX.US
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2015, 1807 UTC »
Awesome, thank you! Pretty sure you already had the older downconverter board?
Evil Elvis, western Tennessee east of Memphrica
Icom IC-705, IC-7200, IC-7300, IC-7610, IC-9700
WinRadio G33DDC, Perseus, RFSpace NetSDR, SDR-IQ, SDR-14, Kiwi, 4x Airspy HF+ Discovery, ELAD FDM-S2
Wellbrook ALA100LN, ALA1530LNP Imperium, Bushcomm BBA-1KD

Old School: No remote SDRs, all my receivers, my tenners.

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2015, 1830 UTC »
No, I never had one before.
Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD

Offline Token

• Global Moderator
  • DX Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2015, 0438 UTC »
I have the old converter in my NetSDR, and it works quite well.  The new one should be pretty darned good.

T!
T!
Mojave Desert, California USA

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground T-Shirt
by MitchellTimeDesigns