We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: God isn't fixing this. (A needed apology)  (Read 4281 times)

Offline atrainradio

• Ask your doctor if shortwave is right for you
  • Magic Mushroom Salad
    • View Profile
God isn't fixing this. (A needed apology)
« on: December 03, 2015, 1704 UTC »
He's really not.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2015/12/03/the-ny-daily-news-breaks-the-internet-with-this-front-page-fck-you-to-the-gop-after-san-bernardino-image/

Where was your God during the holocaust, the Khemer Rouge, 9/11? Oh yeah, he wasn't there, because he isn't real.

Wow folks I am seriously sorry for this.. I was very very very mad when I wrote this and I should seriously grow up more and be able to control my rage. I am unbelievably sorry if I offended anyone here. This is a place for radio and dirty jokes, not mud slinging like I did.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 0107 UTC by atrainradio »
QTH, New Jersey, America's landfill
Tecsun PL-990 W/ Extendable Whip Antenna

Offline ka1iic

• Troy, Ohio
  • Troy, Ohio. 20m Vertical & low long wire E/W,
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: God isn't fixing this.
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2015, 1820 UTC »
G-d might be real but he/she may not play a role in daily matters here on earth like so many radical this that and them religions tell you...  I have no problem with religion but it's the buttheads that use the 'stupid people' to believe this or that...

ignorance truly is bliss.

More wars are stated over religion than border disputes I think...
73 Vince
KA1IIC

"If you can't be anything, you can at least be annoying"

Troy, Ohio. 20m Vertical & low long wire E/W, Yaesu FT-187ND, SDRplay 2, Ratt Shack 2 meter rig, and other little bits of electronics I'm not talking about, homebrewed and otherwise... so there bleech!

Offline hsmith77

• Marconi Class DXer
    • MSN Messenger - h.smith77@charter.net
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2015, 2144 UTC »
Its not my intent to start  a war  over religion .but I can't sit  by without sharing my feelings on whether or not there is a GOD .The bible Gods Word makes it clear man is without excuse . Romans Chapter 1 verse 20 NIV . " For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities his eternal power and divine nature have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made . so that men are without excuse. "" As for me and my house we will serve the Lord ". If I'm the only to stand up for God  so be it .
Harry L. Smith
Springfield,Oh.
JRC 535D Perseus SDR   MFJ 959C Tuner /Pre Amp. JRC 545 
RF  Systems MK2 antenna
Grundig G3 / G4000a / 400
QSL to h.smith77@charter .net

Offline Wolfgram

• Western kentucky
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2015, 0605 UTC »
Its not my intent to start  a war  over religion .but I can't sit  by without sharing my feelings on whether or not there is a GOD .The bible Gods Word makes it clear man is without excuse . Romans Chapter 1 verse 20 NIV . " For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities his eternal power and divine nature have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made . so that men are without excuse. "" As for me and my house we will serve the Lord ". If I'm the only to stand up for God  so be it .

Well put.
Western Kentucky
Grundig 750
QSL to american.speed@yahoo.com
With some kind of weird homemade antenna that seems to kind of work

Offline ff

• Upstate NY
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2015, 2028 UTC »

God isn't fixing this. 

Neither will more gun control laws...
Hailing from the upstate boondocks region of the progressive paradise which once was New York State

Offline John Poet

• Lansing, Michigan, USA
  • I survived the Mad Lagomurph
    • View Profile
    • Free Radio Cafe forums
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2015, 2323 UTC »
God or no god, we are free agents-- to believe or not to believe, and to do as we will.

'God' may give some comfort to the afflicted, but he has never stood in the way of man's desire to destroy himself.

John Poet

"A treasonous voice of dissent"

The Crystal Ship Shortwave
Free Radio Cafe Forums

Offline ka1iic

• Troy, Ohio
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2015, 0021 UTC »
Wow!!! Gotta luv it ;-D

Bring up religion and the stuff hits the fan...

I'm a retired Pentecostal Deacon BTW

<heh>
73 Vince
KA1IIC

Troy, Ohio. 20m Vertical & low long wire E/W, Yaesu FT-187ND, SDRplay 2, Ratt Shack 2 meter rig, and other little bits of electronics I'm not talking about, homebrewed and otherwise... so there bleech!

Offline atrainradio

• Magic Mushroom Salad
    • View Profile
Re: God isn't fixing this. (A needed apology)
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2015, 0154 UTC »
Wow folks I am seriously sorry for this.. I was very very very mad when I wrote this and I should seriously grow up more and be able to control my rage. I am unbelievably sorry if I offended anyone here. This is a place for radio and dirty jokes, not mud slinging like I did.

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2015, 0421 UTC »
You're young, Atrain.  Emotion rules at your age. Restraint comes later in life. It's no big deal.

Vince, I had a cousin who was a Hardshell Baptist preacher. He changed churches a lot as he had an eye for the female members of his flock.

When I was 15, he turns up at the house wanting to talk to my Grandad. Grandpa goes out to talk to him. I'm eavesdropping inside, as it was in the days before widespread air conditioning.

He and Grandpa start talking about his latest misadventure. He looks at my Grandpa and says, "Why Uncle Dick, it's an occupational hazard, those women throw themselves at me."

I broke out in a big laugh. I couldn't control it after hearing that one. The last I heard of that conversation was Grandpa growling, "Close that Goddamned winder, boy!"

Grandpa and I had a big laugh about it after my cousin left. "It's an occupational hazard" was our running excuse for doing dumb crap for the rest of my Grandpa's life. Strangely, it doesn't work with my wife.

Offline atrainradio

• Magic Mushroom Salad
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2015, 1511 UTC »
Occupational hazard! HAHAH

But seriously though I hope you all can accept my apologies, this outburst from me was uncalled for.

(I guess it's my catholic upbringing that makes me apologize all the time)

Offline ka1iic

• Troy, Ohio
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2015, 1850 UTC »
<quote>
"Vince, I had a cousin who was a Hardshell Baptist preacher. He changed churches a lot as he had an eye for the female members of his flock."

Tell me about it...  seen it all too often.

No Offence taken Atrain...  I'm one of those folks that listens and tries to understand.  And in those matters I can totally understand where you are coming from :-).

I said retired Deacon... I gave up on 'organized' religion years ago.  I do see something inside of most folks I see... they all have a 'God' of one form or other... it is what it is.  The only 'religion' I do hold close is that of my Mother, Grand Mother, G-Great Grand Mother etc...  That is the one of the White Spirit... enough said.

As for feeling anger over killings, mass or otherwise.... that's called righteous anger and don't ever lose it... if more people had it, well, there would be a whole lot less killings...

Have a great day and a much better tomorrow! :-) Wado, Wesa (aka Vince)
73 Vince
KA1IIC

Offline Skipmuck

• Global Moderator
  • Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2015, 2321 UTC »
Ecclesiastes 11:10 - So, remove grief and anger from your heart and put away
pain from your body, because childhood and the prime of life are fleeting.
QSL's to poorbrookking >at< aol.com are greatly appreciated! All reception and postings using My radio, My antenna, and generally in real time(excluding posting of SSTV images!).
QTH:Springfield, MA
JRC NRD-515 with 43 meter half wave dipole into MFJ 949E Versa Tuner: also Grove SP-200 & SONY 2010's

Offline redhat

• DX Legend
  • USA
  • Music is my drug.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2015, 0751 UTC »
Interesting thread.  God may not fix this, and neither will more gun control.  Criminals and terrorists will always find ways to get the firepower they want, regardless of the standing laws.

In addition to that, gun homicides are sharply lower than their peak in 1993, so says a study put together with government data. http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2013/05/07/181998015/rate-of-u-s-gun-violence-has-fallen-since-1993-study-says

+-RH
Somewhere under the stars...
Airspy HF+, MLA-30/Mini-whip/Chi-Town Loop
Please send QSL's and reception reports to xfmshortwave [at] proton [d0t] me