We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: SDR#, SDR Console (V2) and SdrDx  (Read 3229 times)

Offline K5KNT

• Ogden, UT USA
    • View Profile
SDR#, SDR Console (V2) and SdrDx
« on: December 15, 2015, 2023 UTC »
I'm currently playing with the above three programs and I have noticed some interesting differences.

My receiver - listed below in my sig - is network connected to a Mid 2011 27 inch iMac with an Intel i5 CPU @ 270GHz with 24GB RAM.
I'm running windows 8.1 via Bootcamp.

SDR# and SDR Console seem to get signals that SdrDx doesn't. For example the other day I posted regarding a signal I received, but couldn't identify, that turned out to be CHU Canada.  I was unable to get this signal using SdrDx.

For anyone who is using SdrDx would you provide any suggestions on what settings I may want to adjust to try and get these "weaker" signals?

Thanks,

Kent
K5KNT

Offline rdla4

• Acworth GA
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: SDR#, SDR Console (V2) and SdrDx
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2015, 0028 UTC »
Check the RF gain and IF gain in SDRdx. in the SDR button.  Possibly make sure your AGC settings are suited to what you are doing.

I have noticed that when using these programs each one seems to impart its own character to the audio.For MW broadcast, I have generally found that Studio1 (a Non-free piece of software) generally handles AM the best. Its synchronous decoder holds the carrier longer than other software.

It seems counter intuitive that these would produce different audio characteristics, but I <at least think> I can hear them!

Acworth GA
SDR-IQ/Grundig Satellit 800, Rotatable 15 ft amplified loop antenna

HFUnderground Mug
HFUnderground Mug
by MitchellTimeDesigns