We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Hearing 'peskies' tuning uo on 15000KHZ  (Read 1059 times)

Offline ka1iic

• Troy, Ohio
  • Troy, Ohio. 20m Vertical & low long wire E/W,
    • View Profile
    • Email
Hearing 'peskies' tuning uo on 15000KHZ
« on: December 20, 2015, 1401 UTC »
I tune to 15000KHZ in the early morning to hear WWV but this morning I hear a peskie talking and then someone tuning up on frequency (USB).  I do have a recording but very little of the voice xmission.  Has anyone else heard anything like this???  the time was 1333UTC 12/20/2015
vw

Modified....

The station I am hearing i seems to be repling to another station that I can't hear that's why the xmissions are so short...  If you plan to check this out and if WWV is very weak us USB and prepare to wait a while before you might hear something...
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 1417 UTC by ka1iic »
73 Vince
KA1IIC

"If you can't be anything, you can at least be annoying"

Troy, Ohio. 20m Vertical & low long wire E/W, Yaesu FT-187ND, SDRplay 2, Ratt Shack 2 meter rig, and other little bits of electronics I'm not talking about, homebrewed and otherwise... so there bleech!