We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Eagles co-founder Glenn Frey dead at 67  (Read 1465 times)

Fansome

Eagles co-founder Glenn Frey dead at 67
« on: January 18, 2016, 2255 UTC »

Eagles co-founder Glenn Frey dead at 67

By Hillel Italie, Associated Press

Monday, Jan. 18, 2016 | 2:39 p.m.

NEW YORK — Glenn Frey, who co-founded the Eagles and with Don Henley became one of history's most successful songwriting teams with such hits as "Hotel California" and "Life in the Fast Lane," has died.

Frey was 67 and had been battling multiple ailments. He died Monday. The band's website says he died in New York.

Guitarist Frey and drummer Henley formed the Eagles in Los Angeles in the early 1970s, along with guitarist Bernie Leadon and bassist Randy Meisner. They would become a top act over the next decade, embodying the melodic California sound.

An Eagles greatest hits collection from the mid-1970s and "Hotel California" are among the best-selling albums in history.

Frey's solo hits include "The Heat Is On" and "Smuggler's Blues."

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
Re: Eagles co-founder Glenn Frey dead at 67
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2016, 2148 UTC »
No! They got it all wrong! "It's Don Henley must die, put him in an electric chair with Glenn Frey"!

What good are decades long plans when the jugheads you send to carry them out get it backwards?

Offline ff

• Upstate NY
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2016, 1316 UTC »
No! They got it all wrong! "It's Don Henley must die, put him in an electric chair with Glenn Frey"!

Ahh Pigmeat - I see that you also read from the Book of Mojo...
Hailing from the upstate boondocks region of the progressive paradise which once was New York State

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2016, 1945 UTC »

Ahh Pigmeat - I see that you also read from the Book of Mojo...

I've been a follower of the Prophet for 30 years.

Back in the mid-90's, Mojo had a show on WLW at 10 p.m. Friday nights called "Mojo Nixon's House Party". He rode that blasting signal loud and proud from the East Coast to the Rockies. He once told me WLW was forced to move him to their FM affiliate due to complaints from across the Midwest about "That damned Hillbilly on 700".

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground Garden Flag
by MitchellTimeDesigns