We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Should Radio stations should be required to present balanced news coverage?  (Read 3366 times)

Offline atrainradio

• Ask your doctor if shortwave is right for you
  • Magic Mushroom Salad
    • View Profile
Let's get philosophical here.

Should Radio stations should be required to present balanced news coverage?

GO!
QTH, New Jersey, America's landfill
Tecsun PL-990 W/ Extendable Whip Antenna

Offline thomik

• View Profile
    • Email
Required balanced news coverage would be about the same as government news coverage.  WHO would decide what is balanced?

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
Required balanced news coverage would be about the same as government news coverage.  WHO would decide what is balanced?

We normally leave that stuff to Fansome. When it comes to bloviating, Al knows best.

Fansome

I don't "bloviate"; I reveal the truth.

Truth is a constant. Knowledge requires exploration. This life is nothing short of an unveiling rekindling of primordial healing.

You and I are pilgrims of the grid.

The totality is approaching a tipping point. Imagine an unveiling of what could be. The rebirth of potential is now happening worldwide.

You must take a stand against delusion. Yes, it is possible to obliterate the things that can sabotage us, but not without awareness on our side. Without potential, one cannot live.

We normally leave that stuff to Fansome. When it comes to bloviating, Al knows best.

Offline thomik

• View Profile
    • Email
I personally feel honored to be mentioned in the same post as such an Exalted HFU Personage.     :)

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
I appreciate your platitudes, but Al's not chopped liver either.

Offline moof

• View Profile
    • Email
Tell us the story of time bloviating biaviian.  O-Qua Tangin Wann I know what you are up to.

Offline thomik

• View Profile
    • Email
Hmm,  I must get my dictionary out for such high dollar words.   :)

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
Tell us the story of time bloviating biaviian.  O-Qua Tangin Wann I know what you are up to.

Poor ol' Riley Lee. I wonder if he knew Billy Lee Riley and His Little Green Men?

Al and I aren't part of that Stern bunch. When Hank the Angry Drunken Dwarf died, we cut ties with that gang. With Hank gone, the collective IQ of that bunch dipped into the low double digits.

I did get a few mentions on Stern's show after an article in Playboy on Pirate Radio in '02 had few lines about the high quality of my shows. Howie and Big Teeth were especially impressed.

I was all the rage at the Playboy Mansion that year but it didn't last. Fame is a fickle thing.