We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: 9955khz english (Florida) being jammed by Cuba??? Okeechobee USA  (Read 2040 times)

Offline ka1iic

• Troy, Ohio
  • Troy, Ohio. 20m Vertical & low long wire E/W,
    • View Profile
    • Email
Just happened across this... the 9955khz broadcast from Florida in English is being jammed by Cuba???  I believe this is from the Okeechobee USA station. Standard Christian material NOT propaganda...  time 0215 UTC   
73 Vince
KA1IIC

"If you can't be anything, you can at least be annoying"

Troy, Ohio. 20m Vertical & low long wire E/W, Yaesu FT-187ND, SDRplay 2, Ratt Shack 2 meter rig, and other little bits of electronics I'm not talking about, homebrewed and otherwise... so there bleech!

Offline EliteData

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: 9955khz english (Florida) being jammed by Cuba??? Okeechobee USA
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2016, 1056 UTC »
Just happened across this... the 9955khz broadcast from Florida in English is being jammed by Cuba???  I believe this is from the Okeechobee USA station. Standard Christian material NOT propaganda...  time 0215 UTC   
ive actually run into quite a few AM broadcasts above 7.2Mhz being jammed/interfered with DSB or a similar modulation of what sounded like "white noise" and didnt really think anything of it, because between 7.2Mhz and 7.6Mhz, has utility and SWBC mixed together.
i thought jamming on SW was over and done with after the "cold war" ended.

Offline Chanter

• Madison, WI, U.S.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2016, 1206 UTC »
Cuba routinely jams WRMI, regardless of programming.  Strangely, I've never heard Brother Scary Sandpaper jammed... 
Madison, WI, U.S.A. 
Tecsun PL-660, Yaesu FT60R handheld, and Realistic DX-398 (back up and running!) 
QSL's appreciated 

There's a geeklady turning that dial!
SWLer, MWLer, LW and HF beaconeer, technician class ham, DXer of all bands and program listener. 
RNW forever.

Offline SW Observer

• View Profile
    • International Numbers Station Monitoring Association
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2016, 0528 UTC »
It seems as though Cuba conveniently turns on their jammers every time I try to enjoy Radio Prague's English Service on 9955 kHz.

Perhaps they should go the route which Radio Slovakia International, Radio France International and Radio Ukraine International went, and purchase time of some of WRMI's other frequencies.

I'm sure it'd increase their listener numbers as well.
Florida, always listening via my Tecsun PL-660 receiver.

Offline ka1iic

• Troy, Ohio
  • Troy, Ohio. 20m Vertical & low long wire E/W,
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2016, 0331 UTC »
and their modulation would be so much better... <sigh>
73 Vince
KA1IIC

"If you can't be anything, you can at least be annoying"

Troy, Ohio. 20m Vertical & low long wire E/W, Yaesu FT-187ND, SDRplay 2, Ratt Shack 2 meter rig, and other little bits of electronics I'm not talking about, homebrewed and otherwise... so there bleech!

Offline flexoman61

• DXing Phenomena
  • Connecticut, USA
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2016, 0540 UTC »
0537z
1/30/16

Jammer on now. I wasn't aware of this one.
Please QSL to: flexoman61@gmail.com
Connecticut
ICOM R75, Kenwood R-2000, Radio Shack PRO-2037
43m band folded dipole/VHF ground plane

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground Garden Flag
by MitchellTimeDesigns