We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: british spies crack pop song code and foil... ISIS  (Read 1530 times)

Offline ka1iic

• Troy, Ohio
  • Troy, Ohio. 20m Vertical & low long wire E/W,
    • View Profile
    • Email
british spies crack pop song code and foil... ISIS
« on: January 25, 2016, 2017 UTC »
Don't know about the source but here goes:::
------------------------------------------------------------

A suspected terrorist plot to bomb British cities was foiled by British spies, The Sun reported.

The RAF intercepted coded messages between pilots flying from Amsterdam to an unnamed Middle-Eastern country. The code, which referenced pop music, was then decoded by British spies at GCHQ, who believe the pilots were trying to smuggle in explosives or chemical weapons. The plotters used the emergency frequency to discuss their plans.

Attacks in London, Bath, Bristol and Ipswich were allegedly planned for last November after the Paris attacks.

A Ministry of Defense spokesman said the government would not comment on issues of national security.

GCHQ is a British intelligence and security organization responsible for providing signals intelligence and information assurance to the British government and armed forces.

http://www.clarionproject.org/news/british-spies-crack-pop-song-code-and-foil-terror-plot#
73 Vince
KA1IIC

"If you can't be anything, you can at least be annoying"

Troy, Ohio. 20m Vertical & low long wire E/W, Yaesu FT-187ND, SDRplay 2, Ratt Shack 2 meter rig, and other little bits of electronics I'm not talking about, homebrewed and otherwise... so there bleech!

Offline R4002

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
    • R4002 - YouTube Videos
Re: british spies crack pop song code and foil... ISIS
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2016, 1550 UTC »
"the emergency frequency" as in the aircraft emergency frequency "guard" 121.500 MHz?  Isn't that one of the most monitored frequencies in the world? 
U.S. East Coast, various HF/VHF/UHF radios/transceivers/scanners/receivers - land mobile system operator - focus on VHF/UHF and 11m

Offline ka1iic

• Troy, Ohio
  • Troy, Ohio. 20m Vertical & low long wire E/W,
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: british spies crack pop song code and foil... ISIS
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2016, 1659 UTC »
yes it is...  that bit sent up a red flag for me but...  I'm paranoid  :P  I have no idea what other people might do so I let it pass.  Who knows what the minds of; "I don't give a damn, I'm going to die anyway", types might do...  When reading stories about these type of people you have to understand they don't think like we do and that is why they are so dangerous.

We are brought up on Logic and they aren't... call what they have learned a form of; scat-a-logical thinking... 
73 Vince
KA1IIC

"If you can't be anything, you can at least be annoying"

Troy, Ohio. 20m Vertical & low long wire E/W, Yaesu FT-187ND, SDRplay 2, Ratt Shack 2 meter rig, and other little bits of electronics I'm not talking about, homebrewed and otherwise... so there bleech!

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground House Flag
by MitchellTimeDesigns