We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Goodbye winter, hello BBQ season  (Read 1553 times)

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
Goodbye winter, hello BBQ season
« on: April 15, 2016, 1928 UTC »
Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD
eQSLs appreciated! csmolinski@blackcatsystems.com
netSDR / AFE822x / AirSpy HF+ / KiwiSDR / 900 ft Horz skyloop / 500 ft NE beverage / 250 ft V Beam / 58 ft T2FD / 120 ft T2FD / 400 ft south beverage / 43m, 20m, 10m  dipoles / Crossed Parallel Loop / Discone in a tree

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
Re: Goodbye winter, hello BBQ season
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2016, 1941 UTC »
Al and I will be by this evening. Get him to tell you about his gator girlfriend, Gerty.

Offline skeezix

• Global Moderator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Minneapolis, MN
  • What does 'RNO stand for?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2016, 2352 UTC »
That photo-- mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....

Pity bbqunderground.com is not available (but bbqaboveground.com is).

Two Sundays ago (Apr 3), I grilled a nice ribeye. Along with sliced Japanese sweet potato and mushrooms. (to be perfectly clear, all grilled). The mushrooms are large portabella caps that were marinated in olive oil, sea salt, black pepper, garlic, and red wine vinegar for an hour before grilling.

The following Monday, grilled more ribeye, regular sweet potato and small crimini mushrooms on a skewer.

« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 2356 UTC by skeezix »
Minneapolis, MN

Fansome

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2016, 0345 UTC »
Those are some mighty fine looking McRibs, Chris.

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2016, 1007 UTC »
That was just rude, Al. Plain rude. You never criticize another man's BBQ. It's the Code of The Grill!

You're within your rights to horsewhip him for that McRib remark, Chris. If you need a second or proxy, you know where to find me. I've still got a "Rowdy Yates" model bullwhip if you need it. I had a premonition that it would come in handy later in life when I was a boy.

HFUnderground T-Shirt
HFUnderground House Flag
by MitchellTimeDesigns