We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Prince has died  (Read 2933 times)

Offline radiogaga

• View Profile
Prince has died
« on: April 21, 2016, 1703 UTC »
Roger, Rest in peace homie...  :'(

rgg

Offline Oliver

• DX Legend
  • Germany
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Prince has died
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2016, 1710 UTC »
TMZ is reporting that legendary singer/ songwriter Prince has died. His body was discovered at his Minnesota home Thursday morning.

The Hall of Fame recording artist was rushed to the hospital after making an emergency landing in Illinois over the weekend. Sources say he has been battling the flu for several weeks.

He was 57.

Source: http://fox2now.com/2016/04/21/legendary-singer-prince-dead-at-57-2/:
RX: Elad FDM-S2, Grundig Satellit 700
Ant.: HDLA 3 (Active Loop)@315°, EWE @270°, ALA 100LN, MiniWhip
QTH: JO31 (Germany)

Please send eqsl to: oliverinusa[at]yahoo.de

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2016, 2225 UTC »
You realize this doesn't count unless Al posts it?

I'm relieved, I thought this was about my old friend, Prince Bassey, in Nigeria. I once assisted the Prince in putting out a fire under the hood of his Vega when we were undergrads.

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2016, 1302 UTC »
Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD
eQSLs appreciated! csmolinski@blackcatsystems.com
netSDR / AFE822x / AirSpy HF+ / KiwiSDR / 900 ft Horz skyloop / 500 ft NE beverage / 250 ft V Beam / 58 ft T2FD / 120 ft T2FD / 400 ft south beverage / 43m, 20m, 10m  dipoles / Crossed Parallel Loop / Discone in a tree

Offline fpeconsultant

• DX Legend
  • I miss "Up Against the Wall Radio"...
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2016, 1330 UTC »
Hah!  That made me laugh out loud!
Near Chicago, IL USA.  Drake R8, Ten-Tec RX340, JRC NRD545, Watkins Johnson HF-1000, Wellbrook loop at 28', 43m inverted vee.  Please QSL to fpeconsultant@aol.com thanks.

Offline ff

• Upstate NY
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2016, 1423 UTC »
 ;D Great screencap Chris!!!  ;D

But sorry to hear about Prince.  Not always my cup of tea but he was a musical genius, an amazing guitarist, and as I understand, a class act too.  I always respected the man for staying true to his Midwest roots and not being sucked into the LA/NY vortex.  RIP...
Hailing from the upstate boondocks region of the progressive paradise which once was New York State

Offline fpeconsultant

• DX Legend
  • I miss "Up Against the Wall Radio"...
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2016, 1309 UTC »
Not trying to be a tool but when he played at the Super Bowl a few years back he was absolutely positively NOT playing his guitar during one of his big "solos" - pre-recorded stuff.
Oh well, maybe it was meant to be a tribute to Millie vanillie or whatever their name was...
Near Chicago, IL USA.  Drake R8, Ten-Tec RX340, JRC NRD545, Watkins Johnson HF-1000, Wellbrook loop at 28', 43m inverted vee.  Please QSL to fpeconsultant@aol.com thanks.

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2016, 1106 UTC »
"In other news, TMZ reports that Prince is still dead."