We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: Psychic "Miss Cleo" dies at 53.....  (Read 1723 times)

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
Psychic "Miss Cleo" dies at 53.....
« on: July 27, 2016, 0059 UTC »
I wonder if she saw it coming?

Fansome

Re: Psychic "Miss Cleo" dies at 53.....
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2016, 1317 UTC »
"Hey, why did you punch that psychic when she started laughing?"

"Because, I was taught to always try to strike a happy medium."

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2016, 2119 UTC »
If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times, Al, we're the Olson and Johnson of Pirate Radio.

Online Ct Yankee

• Marconi Class DXer
  • Tuned in, turned on with no drop out in Durham, CT
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2016, 2346 UTC »

and then there's the dwarf psychic who robbed a bank and got away, which was radio-ed in as "Bank robbery...Small Medium at Large"   
Tecsun H501x (broadcast received on this unless noted), Zenith T/O G500, Zenith T/O Royal 7000, Emerson AR-176, Zenith 8S154, T/O 7G605 (Bomber), Tecsun PL-600, Tecsun PL-880, Zenith 5S320, Realistic DX 160 using 40 feet of copper wire.  With apologies to Senator Gramm for his thoughts on firearms, "I have more radios than I need but not as many as I want."
QTH:  Durham, Connecticut (rural setting, 15 miles north of Long Island Sound)
qsl please to:  jamcanner@comcast.net  (Thank you)

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2016, 0248 UTC »
LOL! I hope this thread never ends.

Fansome

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2016, 0322 UTC »
Someday I'll have to tell you about the day I met Jeanne Dixon.

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2016, 0408 UTC »
Jeanne was no Amazing Kreskin. I had two loopy unmarried Great Aunts who hauled around a battery powered TV when out visiting so their two Chihuahua's, Big Man and Little Boy could watch Kreskin, as my Aunts said it was the dogs favorite show.

They visited a cousin of mine who lived nearby one Saturday night, with dogs and the TV in tow. I walked over to my Grandpa's house and said, "You're not gonna believe what your sister-in-laws are up to." When I told him, his first reaction was "Horsesh!t!" Then he said "Show me." We went over there, he saw what was going on, said "Hello" to the ladies, then asked why they weren't watching Kreskin on the large TV inside? They explained that everyone knew dogs only saw in black in white and the color would confuse them. He said "OK" then excused us with, "Boy, it's time we head home to dinner." and bid them goodbye.

By the time we got out of earshot we were laughing so hard we were nearly in tears. When he got home he called his brothers who lived just down the road. He got the same response as he gave me, and then they rolled over, wives in tow, to my cousin's house to see the miracle dogs and Kreskin for themselves. Those ladies never brought Little Boy and Big Man up our way for a visit again. Until Kreskin died, I couldn't see him without thinking of those poor little ugly dogs, all dressed up and forced to watch TV.