We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: The Go-Go's on Kimmel.  (Read 4606 times)

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
The Go-Go's on Kimmel.
« on: July 28, 2016, 0529 UTC »
Huh, Jane Wiedlin is still wearing the earrings I gave her when I stole her away from Jerry Dammers in '81. Rockin' the high-heeled sneakers, too. She's still looking good, those Lebanese girls don't age.

Belinda has lost her voice and has Grandma hands, ewwww. Why didn't they just keep the camera on Jane?

Fansome

Re: The Go-Go's on Kimmel.
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2016, 0531 UTC »
Bite your tongue! Belinda hasn't aged a day since I saw her at the Greek, I think it was around 81 or 82.

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2016, 0537 UTC »
I saw her on the '82 tour. She was the spitting image of Miss Piggy in those days. How could you not compliment her on the weight loss, you cruel beast?

Offline ka1iic

• Troy, Ohio
  • Troy, Ohio. 20m Vertical & low long wire E/W,
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2016, 1643 UTC »
Jane Wiedlin  <sigh>  :P
73 Vince
KA1IIC

"If you can't be anything, you can at least be annoying"

Troy, Ohio. 20m Vertical & low long wire E/W, Yaesu FT-187ND, SDRplay 2, Ratt Shack 2 meter rig, and other little bits of electronics I'm not talking about, homebrewed and otherwise... so there bleech!

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2016, 1807 UTC »
We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations.

Offline moof

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2016, 2210 UTC »
Good lord forget Belinda.
Jane still digs leather, restraints, bdsm....yum

Offline MDK2

• Marconi Class DXer
  • Denver, CO
    • View Profile
    • My radio reception videos
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2016, 2216 UTC »
Jerry Dammers, eh? Pretty sure you mean Terry Hall. Or was there even more soap opera stuff to those groups? Oh Jane....
Denver, CO.
SDRPlay RSPdx & RSP2pro, Airspy Discovery HF+, Icom IC-7100, Grundig Satellit 750, Realistic DX-300, Tecsun PL-600.
MLA-30 active loop, G5RV dipole.
eQSLs appreciated wickerjennie at gmail

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2016, 0346 UTC »
Who knows, those girls forgot all about those silly skinheads when I came into the picture. I told those guys, "Don't make me whup you like great-Grandpa did Cornwallis." They beat it for the next barge to Britain, with my pit bull chasing 'em down the dock. Another victory for the United States of America.

Reagan tried to give me a medal but I told him I don't take gifts from guys with funny hair. That's why I ran those English twig boys off in the first place.

It's time to get on the plane to Philly. Hilly is waiting for me in her latex pants suit. The things I do for this country.

Offline John Poet

• Lansing, Michigan, USA
  • I survived the Mad Lagomurph
    • View Profile
    • Free Radio Cafe forums
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2016, 0937 UTC »
She was looking pretty good for a woman her age, wasn't she?

But I'd especially like her backing me up in a bar fight!

John Poet

"A treasonous voice of dissent"

The Crystal Ship Shortwave
Free Radio Cafe Forums

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2016, 1204 UTC »
I liked the powder blue hair, with matching jumpsuit and the off-white platform sneakers. Not a lot of women could pull that off regardless of age. Take that Susannah Hoffs, you shameless hussy!

I was discussing Belinda's voice with Alfonzo, or should I say myself, as he hasn't had the courtesy to respond to my PM, the rude boy. I've heard her sing recently and she sounded good, but on the Kimmel show she was off. I wonder if it wasn't the smoke from fires around L.A.?

After Kate Pierson of the B-52's, Belinda has one of my favorite voices of that era. Kate was in a league of her own. She was what Grace Slick could have been if she hadn't ruined her voice with hard liquor. It still stuns me that such a big voice could come out of a little woman like Kate Pierson.

If you can find any video from the era, look for X-Ray Spex from UK circa 1977. Their singer, the lovely Poly Styrene was about 4'10" and could blast. The last I heard of her she was quite ill. I hope she's still with us.

Now, what am I and I gonna do wit dat rude boy, Al Fansome? Time ta call Judge Roughneck.

Offline MDK2

• Marconi Class DXer
  • Denver, CO
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2016, 1332 UTC »
Unfortunately Poly Styrene passed away a couple of years ago. I was just thinking of that because someone was passing this photo around the internet this morning.
Denver, CO.
SDRPlay RSPdx & RSP2pro, Airspy Discovery HF+, Icom IC-7100, Grundig Satellit 750, Realistic DX-300, Tecsun PL-600.

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2016, 2029 UTC »
"Hilly is waiting for me in her latex pants suit. The things I do for this country."

Ugh, so vile. Some mental images shouldn't exist. A stroke could be beneficial if it only made one forget everything awful.

Also, the female voice of the 80s;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8q2WS6ahCnY

Offline Pigmeat

• Marconi Class DXer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2016, 0247 UTC »
Unfortunately Poly Styrene passed away a couple of years ago. I was just thinking of that because someone was passing this photo around the internet this morning.

I hate to hear that. I knew she was sick.

I was picking up my daughter from grade school and I was listening to a show I'd just put together as I waited. "Oh Bondage, Up Yours" came blasting out as I was sitting there. I'm surprised the PTA didn't run me out of town on a rail for that social faux pas. Almost as bad as when I wheeled on to her HS parking lot with the top down with Perry Farrell screaming out the chorus of Jane's Addiction "Whores". I might as well have had an "X" carved into my forehead for that Kodak moment.

Voice of the 80's? Surely you mean the "Adenoids of The 80's". Madonna is up there with Tom Petty when it comes to singing through your nose. The FANCO drones are hovering over your domicile, Josh. I'll have to check to see if our boys at HAARP have the thing set on twist or twitch. If you hear Hank Ballard doing the original in your head, it's twist. If you hear the Cramps, it's twitch.

We generally give people a couple of minutes to push the furniture back and roll up the rug before we crank it up full blast. Think of Lux Interior in his low rise red spandex pants and his six inch red metal flake pumps while you're at it. He was the beau ideal of psychobilly.
Marilyn Manson stole their entire act from the Cramps and weren't half as talented. The price of being first.

One of the best things about Youtube is you can see all the Cramps and Ramones videos MTV wouldn't touch with a 20 foot pole. Not to mention the DK's when Jello was in his ingenue' stage.

The scary thing is Jello and Mojo Nixon have been collaborators for 25 years. I used to feature their "Prairie Home Invasion" album when I had the station running, not to mention Mojo's excellent cover of the DK's "Winnebago Warrior" from his "Bootleg" CD. Now Mojo is a talent. He's Red Sovine on speed and acid with a major personality disorder thrown in. If you can't sell an act like that, you're not trying.

Off to listen to Junior Brown. I've got to blast the Smiths and Baaad-onna from my frontal lobe. 10 minutes of Junior will do the trick.

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2016, 2245 UTC »
I'll take an shrill 80s Madonna over any girl it's hard for me to tell shes a girl by her voice alone.
Like this one; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5emcbg_wZk
I love the song but...

Offline MDK2

• Marconi Class DXer
  • Denver, CO
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2016, 2338 UTC »
I'll take an shrill 80s Madonna over any girl it's hard for me to tell shes a girl by her voice alone.
Like this one; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5emcbg_wZk
I love the song but...

Sounds pretty feminine to me. Maybe you just don't like altos.  ;D
Denver, CO.