We seek to understand and document all radio transmissions, legal and otherwise, as part of the radio listening hobby. We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations. Always consult with the appropriate authorities if you have questions concerning what is permissible in your locale.

Author Topic: 9330 Am 07:22  (Read 2360 times)

Offline radioreddz

• Maryland
    • View Profile
    • Email
9330 Am 07:22
« on: August 08, 2016, 0723 UTC »
The Spanish speaking numbers lady sequenced numbers followed by fax like tone.
listning to the world on 200' of wire  assisted by a host of Hallicrafters,Icoms,Heath Kits and Radio Shack radios.  Stevo in Maryland

Offline Token

• Global Moderator
  • DX Legend
    • View Profile
Re: 9330 Am 07:22
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2016, 1439 UTC »
From your description this would be Cuban sourced station HM01.  The "fax like tone" is RDFT.  There are two other active Spanish lady stations, one is called V02a and sends the same voice you heard with no data transmissions, it is transmitted from the same Cuban source as HM01.  The other Spanish lady station is called V07 and uses an almost identical voice, however that one is run by the Russians, not the Cubans, and the only known active schedule is probably sourced out of Kamchatka.

T!
T!
Mojave Desert, California USA

Offline ChrisSmolinski

• Administrator
  • Marconi Class DXer
  • Westminster, MD USA
    • View Profile
    • Black Cat Systems
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2016, 1447 UTC »
From your description this would be Cuban sourced station HM01.  The "fax like tone" is RDFT.  There are two other active Spanish lady stations, one is called V02a and sends the same voice you heard with no data transmissions, it is transmitted from the same Cuban source as HM01.  The other Spanish lady station is called V07 and uses an almost identical voice, however that one is run by the Russians, not the Cubans, and the only known active schedule is probably sourced out of Kamchatka.

T!

Token, any speculation as to the target area for V07, given the transmitter site in Kamchatka? (I don't know offhand what bands it uses)
Chris Smolinski
Westminster, MD
eQSLs appreciated! csmolinski@blackcatsystems.com
netSDR / AFE822x / AirSpy HF+ / KiwiSDR / 900 ft Horz skyloop / 500 ft NE beverage / 250 ft V Beam / 58 ft T2FD / 120 ft T2FD / 400 ft south beverage / 43m, 20m, 10m  dipoles / Crossed Parallel Loop / Discone in a tree

Offline Token

• Global Moderator
  • DX Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2016, 0332 UTC »
Chris,

I would think lots of places in Asia and around the Pacific would be possible.  I know I hear it quite well here.  It is seldom heard in Europe, and then, I think, only in summer.

The schedule it uses is here:

T!
T!
Mojave Desert, California USA

Offline Josh

• DXing Phenomena
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2016, 1353 UTC »
So remember, send qsls for the dgi to Havana and to the fsb in Kamchatka I mean Moscow.
We do not encourage any radio operations contrary to regulations.